The New Gate - Vol. 6 Ch. 36

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
JqBHsoc.png

I never thought it'd happen, but now I've got to stick to my convictions and drop it. Go buy the official release so they don't drop it two volumes in and give me more work.

Thanks for reading.

So are they dropping the translation?

I know it's same old: manga got licensed to get official translation, so it's illegal to translate it now.

@happybro As I understand it, these are the HQ scans that are being dropped. I will however support the official release should I get the chance in freaking Germany.

Oh well. As usual, licensed in the US, so hard to support that from somewhere else.

Always what happens. Thanks for the scans, though.

Dex-chan lover
I support the official releases, but I also support fan releases.

Of course I will buy the official volume and add it to my growing collection, but volumes being so slow at releasing in english is a bit tiring, but having so someone translate the newest chapters is great too.

Plus living in a country where manga is a minority and not well sold both in webstores and paper format. I am most of the times limited to e-books which makes selections an issue.

In lieu of this I hope someone will continue translations.

@MCX01 Eh, I hail from the country second only to Japan in manga popularity: France. We really are quite fortunate with the licences.
*Patriotic boasting*

Group Leader
So the time has come...now it's just the usual waiting game. I wonder what Uxtef will do now.

Dex-chan lover
I really would buy more manga if it was closer to normal books in cost but jesus, I can't shell out $20-40 every volume. I know it's more of a labor cost to produce but a $16 novel lasts me way longer.

@BraveDude8 hira is exaggerating bc you can just ship the manga at that point, but, prices at stores can be that much. I live near the coast, and the price is relatively cheap ($10-12 for novel/manga), HOWEVER, when I visited some places, the stores were selling a pack of pocky for $8 (like the 400 cal).

Double-page supporter
yea $40 is a huge exaggeration. $20-25 is more the norm if anything. It’s honestly not that much when you consider that you’re getting a whole volume and not just a chapter. On the other hand though, not many people have the money to throw down $20 for every manga they read.

Anyway, thanks for the scans and translations. Sucks that it had to get licensed in the US but it be like that sometimes

you would think after hundreds of years the mechanics of analyze would be understood

Group Leader
@happybro It being licensed doesn’t change the legality. It was illegal before it was licensed too. It was copyright infringement then and now.

@HiraOmnibus i think you can buy it at bookdepository at a similar price to amazon (or sometimes lower) and its free shipping to a lot of the countries in the world.

i like the fact that it got licensed, but i hope they do a great job at translating. my problem with official translation compare to fan translation is that sometimes they change the context of some sentences to fit their common audience, and at times, it lost the original meaning. i know it's just my biased opinion, but some of my friends share the same sentiment as we read official translation to fan translation.

@BraveDude8 too bad we wont get to see the vol. 6 fully translated, but thank you so much for all the hard works! :)

Dex-chan lover
Welp, goodbye manga, I won't ever see you in my country, Indonesia....

Users who are viewing this thread