Author Chapter 38 (Kouritsu Kuriya Madoushi, Daini no Jinsei de Madou wo Kiwameru)
@Kaarme there is absolutely no reason he needed to "give her a shock to hide the bead". She isn't an enemy. He could have simple given it directly to her, told her to keep it at her body so he could contact her if he needed her help in an emergency (she is a healer) as well as if details change for their outing, and not hoped that she was poor enough to usually re-use the same outfit the day after and that that night wouldnt be the one where she changed between her few outfits.

It is quite obvious he did it out of perverted intentions, and if called out on it he figured he could use the communication tool as an excuse. I suppose he was one of those old men that abused their influence over their secretaries to get some extra benefits outside of their contract in his past life, and it simply carried over.
@feha She broke the promise of meeting and wandered into the forest alone. If she was aware of the bead's existence, she would have most likely left it home. Otherwise she might have as well waited for the rest of them, you know. While I also think the sexual harassment part was unnecessary and he could have handled it some other way (like have one of the girls do it in a non-harassing way), he nonetheless needed to do something to have the magic tool hidden in her clothing.

He has not exploited any of the girls in his team, who are all very much interested in him romantically and sexually, and yet you say he gleefully sexually harassed this random girl? I don't think so.
He neither knew she would jump the gun, nor expected her to. The phone wasnt for that reason. And even if he knew, being upfront about the phone would still probably have her keep it on her body with more probability than if he left it in yesterdays clothes pocket. Its a phone, not a tracker nor a bug. No reason to not carry it.

If he harassed his party he would be stupid. There is a large difference between the people who he will have to trust his life to and spent all his time with, and some random healer girl that is at most going to become his "port in the harbor" (except this is a manga, so she is bound to join his harem/party later anyway).
@feha I find that you overreacted when you qualified the spank as sexual harassment, sure it was not the most gentlemanly thing to do, but I do not think that it is that much of a problem, given the overall personality of the mc and that the "victim" herself did not mind it, effectively removing any sexual innuendos.

I also think, like Kaarme, that, had she known about the bead, she would have most likely left it home, as she did not wish to bother them. And then again, perhaps it was only done so to bring about fan service/ to speed up the completion of the manuscript/ because the author needed a Deus ex machina right here, as a story needs perturbations to remain entertaining, we cannot have characters behaving sensibly, lest the story became redundant. That aside you cannot decently expect the mangaka to draw different clothing for his characters, the deadlines are sufficiently impossible as is (cf. any mangaka manga out there)

Nonetheless, there is no need to wave about overly defensive feminist flags around here, seeing as this is all fiction. I would of course equally condemn any occurrence of machismo, however as I mentioned earlier, I do not think that the actions in this chapter fit in that category.

Also as mentioned by Kaarme, he as three equally beautiful ladies in his team that are openly interested in him, however he, so far, has been respectful and did not seek to bank in those feelings. Pray tell then for what reasons would he harass this young lady ? His character development has not included any form of deviant lust as I recall.

And the only obvious reason for the slap to be on the butt rather than the back is fan service. And also, in my very own opinion, to keep their (mc and "victim") relationship more "romantically oriented" as opposed to "buddy oriented".
And even if I am mistaken, which could very well be, the author is only a man, and thus fallible, mistakes happen.
Last edited 10 mo ago by Fenrire.
I hope Cirush can cure his erectile disfunction disease
@firosahoge Ahh, we can only wait and hope... but with how MC's of this type are hardwired were going to need maybe 40-50 chapters maybe for him to even get a clue. That or someone from his party gets upfront with him and confesses their feelings cause now that I think about it, all those time they've kissed was also when Zeff was conveniently passed out...
is it just me or does the hand looks like its going between the cheeks rather than as a slap......
Would be really ironic if his interferance would prevent medicine from being discovered.
You know, you can have drama, plot twists and more without actually making the charas in your story braindead.

I think I’ll take a break from this manga for a while.
She doesn't want to keep troubling people... but immediately decides to go into a dangerous forest alone🤦‍♂️
So, does all the beastmen in this universe only have the ability to speak like humans and not think like them? I think that is the case.
Wow a 500 gold reward!? Yeah Milly that's a massive amount..
Imagine if Zeff had saved even 1% of the gold he spent on magical stones a few chapters ago, they'd have 300k gold.
Oh no! She has the Corona Virus!