Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Eraser (Redraw)

Group Leader
Guess it makes sense to redraw it if the characters are different looking then the current designs.

Group Leader
was this fanmade? Like, the edits cut out of later chapters? it was really interesting seeing how much differently they're drawn now than when it initially started, i don't even remember it being like that.

Aggregator gang
@MarvN Nope, the artist is going back and redrawing them. Some artists do this after their artwork and characters have changed. https://kotaku.com/manga-artist-goes-back-and-redoes-old-illustrations-1837386765

I can see some reasons why, but I too like seeing the progression of artists when reading comics, in some ways you can really see how their art improves over time and it reinforces the constant effort it takes to get to that current point.

Group Leader
oh, i assumed it was fanmade because of how weird and blurry it looked, but that's pretty cool.

Group Leader
@MarvN I ripped it from Twitter and didn't want to use waifu2x on it since it's a shit release anyway. If someone else does another one, they can redraw/waifu2x it all they want.

Dex-chan lover
It has been quite some time. Takagi looked more...mature in the original, whereas Nishikata was more...rough? Idk, but this was cool

Wow, they really have changed. I too prefer it when you can look at how the art evolved over time, though.

Plus the image quality on the redraws is actually really ugly. It looks like someone scanned in the old one then erased and drew over bits of it in MS Paint.

Group Leader
I was talking to a friend of mine who works with TSP on Takagi saying they should make a chapter full of animated gifs of the redrawn chapter flashing back and forth between it and the old chapter.

Double-page supporter
Jesus Takagi looked more like a delinquent and 5 years older in the old version.

I didn't realise how much older they looked originally, made it seem like they would be in later school years.

Compared to them as adults I still think it works.

Just a few years older than current design.

Users who are viewing this thread