Kainushi Juujin to Petto Joshikousei - Vol. 2 Ch. 16

Fed-Kun's army
I will repeat this to you, the question of "sniping" does not exist regardless.
You are not the authors of the manga so you have no right to write that "the project was stolen".
I'm sick of reading this story from all the groups I follow, with all due respect to the manga that you let us know as much as I am grateful to you if it is annoying for me that I am a reader for the author who, if anything, should discover you in addition to the complaint would laugh in your face.
So please stop.
Enough with the history of "sniping".
I don't only ask your group, but all the mangadex groups.
If you have a minimum of decency, at least a minimum of respect stop this story.
It has now become a ridiculous thing.
You don't have five years to steal your toy, I think you're old enough to understand that what you do is also illegal.
And I repeat, I ask you with respect and gratitude for your work.
At best, try to collaborate with each other, but don't start saying that you steal the projects.
I'm sorry to have to repeat it but it's always more annoying to read and I'm trying to tell you in a more polite and kind way. 😅

Group Leader
@Ifrittuccia Not only am I 100% convinced, but I am also enlightened. My blind eyes have finally seen the truth. I am no longer a mere child, whining about his cheap, Chinese-imported toy being stolen by a bully in the kindergarten. I have reached the epitome of adulthood and realized that all conflict in this world is meaningless, for our lives are, also, meaningless. What am I doing, crying about a Japanese comic when the Amazon rainforest is burning in the fire?! I cannot imagine how worthless my life would be, shroud in anger and the egotistical desire to monopolize that which is by no rights mine, had I not seen your comment. Keep making the world a better place one comment at a time. If I might ask, is it possible for us to become friends? My lowly self will be eagerly waiting for a friend request from you!

Double-page supporter
@Ifrittuccia yea it’s a lot more complicated than that bud. If it was that simple then they would obviously be doing all that stuff already. It’s one of those things where unless you’re working behind the scenes, you have no idea just how it all actually works

@Himecchi
Hilarious comment. I like xD

Sniper stuff doesn't tend to stick anyway, the quality is usually poor. Frankly, I'll stick with the usual scanlation team, they do a good job!

@Ifrittuccia err.... how should i say it..... err first of all, ur grammar need a lil improvement since it's a bit confusing and hard to understand here and there but i think i get what u're trying to say here..........

I think what himescans trying to say in the credit page (God trying to read that credit page hurt my eyes albeit not as much as mtl novel) is that they're still active, it barely 2 months since their last release of this manga, and at the very least contact them to ask whether or not himescans stopped translating the manga.........

Translating a manga isn't as easy as a novel that only needs to be translated, edited, and then proofreaded..... it needs to be redrawn, cleaned, typset?, etc..... even then, they still got their life, jobs, family, friends, social life, and other things than translating....... even worse if (God forbid) some accident hit them irl....... so i'm not at all surprised if it took a month or more to do the job even tho the raw already out......

And yes..... it's illegal to translate it..... and so are we who read it...... if, both the translator and the reader who read their translation brought to the author, i think the author would slap both of them.......... and ridicule us for despite claiming to be fan, we don't appreciate his works (by buying legal copy which would net royalty money for the author in recognition of his works)......

Group Leader
@Vofuro, that's fair too. In fact, I offered the NeeTGuy(??) my help in improving his typesetting, under the condition that he wouldn't meddle with manga I'm scanlating but that seemed to have wounded his pride. Quite a pity, since I only had good intentions. Where else would you find a scanlator willing to help the sniper?! :'<

Though on a serious note, I don't want a drama shitstorm so I've been thinking about what I could do to avoid it.

1. Starting next week, I'll try to at least release one chapter a month. 2 if the chapters are short.
2. Since I don't necessarily have to upload ts'd chapter to Mangadex, I can just upload each finished chapter on imgur and share it on my discord, while the neet guy will upload his finished work here instead. I'm only uploading on MD because I like sharing things I love and also reading comments but it's not like I gotta do it here out of principle or anything. Sharing on discord will essentially have the same result.

Just @ me with whichever you guys agree with, in case you also thought "eugh, fucking 5 y.o drama again" when you read the credits page.
Or else remain silent till death do us part!

Double-page supporter
Complains about sniping.
"I'm not starting a drama, guys, promise!"

So which is it, the chicken or the egg?

Dex-chan lover
people make too much of a big deal out of "sniping" does it really matter if someone else posts up another chapter? Just leave it be yeesh.

"I am so much more mature than the sniper, who refused my help out of wounded pride despite me being so generous to them"
also:
"If you don't support me I'll stop uploading here and use discord instead"

very mature indeed

@Himecchi Honestly, do whatever you want, but I'm not gonna go to your discord to read a manga. So if that's the route you end up taking, than thanks for all your hard work till now.

Double-page supporter
'Sniping'

I'm thankful for your work but people are free to scan whatever they please and scanlators have no ownership over anything besides their own work.

This sniping mentality needs to end. If you want to work on something then do it, if you want to translate something differently then do it. Want to throw in a speed scan a month earlier while another group works on a better version? Why not! In the end readers will just read whatever suits their tastes more.

Dex-chan lover
In all honesty fuck Discord with a rusty spoon. It's like invite only reddit with more gate keeping. Just the thought of having a bunch of scanlators all jumping over to dumping imgur links on personal Discord channels makes me want to convulse in disgust at how convoluted that would be.

Dex-chan lover
@Flavor25
Care to elaborate? As much as i see it, sniping doesn't prevent group from making their own releases. I do agree that releasing something that other group worked on no longer than 3 months ago without contacting them first is in bad taste (also, considering prior delays), but you can't expect every person on the internet to be respectful.

@Himecchi
omg this got dramatic/toxic fast. Himecchi actually tries to adress complaints and seek solutions, and you start bashing? Why?? Just answer "we want to stay on mangadex, it's more comfortable for us" and don't insult people for their FREE work. x.X
I, for one, am really thankful to you for scanlating this manga, I really enjoy it :) And just do whatever you like, you can't make everyone happy anyway, some people will react badly regardless what you do.

Dex-chan lover
@Vofuro The hypocrisy of asking gratitude for free work all the while killing the same free work by others by acting the victim called "sniped" just literally churned my stomach right now. Don't, it's sickening.

Users who are viewing this thread