Ponko of the Stars and Reiko of the Tofu Shop

Contributor
Wrote a review on this, here it is:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/06/08/hoshi-no-ponko-to-toufuya-reiko/

Well, it's more of a promotion, since (if you've read this) you should know talking about it at length to potential new readers isn't a good idea. The less you know, the better.

Really, I loved this work. It's about how much art suits the story, the pacing of the story. Everything about contents of this manga without spoiling much.

It's art suits kids manga at first, the beggining is of that kind of story where kids find an unusual pet and they bring it with them back without parents noticing.

To be honest, I don't want to write anything else about it, I myself read it because of a single page in a random youtube video with Kinoko Teikoku's music in it.
The best way to read this manga will be to just dive right in without knowing absolutely anything about it. This is a piece of work that I would definitely remember for a long time.

And, @Swifft good review! This manga deserves much more attention and more positive attention, it's popularity and rating on sites like mal seemed abysmal.

Wow, i expected a light fluffy manga of kids raising a weird pet. How wrong was I.

v1m

Pretty imaginative story. Didn't expect the wholesome ending. Very good read.

Fed-Kun's army
Story-wise, this towers head-and-shoulders over its peer manga. Beautiful art, too.

I really liked it, especially the ending. Got a little mad at the brother, though, because of everything the sister went through for him, but it's not like he could know, so it's all a win.

@lolihikikomori Funny you mentioned that, I found it in a suprisingly similar way -- profile of a commenter on the page of Kinoko Teikoku's Eureka album on RYM.

A very bizarre and entertaining read, will definitely check more of the author and artist's works.

Good lord this got unexpectedly dark since I didn’t read the tag I thought it was a slice of life comedy but all that shattered in the first chapter

This reminds me a lot of "Babylon Made wa Nan-kounen" or "Getenrou". I especially recommend Getenrou.
Yes, Getenrou! I read it last month and it was really good! How the plot goes, things come together and all are connected
So nice to see it being mentioned here, even 2 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread