Otome Danshi ni Koisuru Otome - Vol. 4 Ch. 472 - It Wasn't Going to Go Well

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if she's going to give up. Her date was a total failure and she's going to find Mayu with a resurfaced trauma the next time they meet.

Fed-Kun's army
Kei wouldn't mind facing you like that, he would very kindly help you get dry and sorted without batting an eyelid.. and that is your problem! Maybe a regressed Mayu will stir feelings in Kei again.

Group Leader
EDIT:
I'm dumb, I didn't read this chapter right.
@pokefairy is right, I just misunderstood this whole thing... I can't judge anyone in this manga yet, not until we get more information...

Dex-chan lover
@aFFi LOOOOOL Mayu was the one abused and her guy (Yuki) is with her. The person crying is Asuka and SHE was stood up by Kei, as far as we know. Mayu and Yuki are together. Asuka is alone and crying. Kei is missing.
Also wow that's a lot of hate towards Mayu, who knows what else happened to her.

Look forget the romance angle (which Kei never noticed or much wanted to begin with), at this point you're just a straight-up dick for treating your friend this way.

Make plans? Show up, or cancel outright. It's not that hard. Just don't leave someone standing on a street corner waiting for you.

Dex-chan lover
I know, I know, Kei will make up for his mistakes and all that, but wouldn't it be refreshing if this for once went a different route and she'd just find some other guy after him screwing up that badly ...

Dex-chan lover
@Pyoro He's helping with an emergency situation at work. How is that screwing up? Furthermore, it's Japan, so the corporate overlords are higher than any Buddha or Amaterasu. If Asuka wants to choose someone who absolutely wouldn't find himself in that situation, she would need to choose a permanently unemployed man.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme ... "screw up" in the sense of romantic development. Not as in "he's an evil guy doing evil things" or "he's a failure of a person". But, and even if you pretend otherwise I'm sure you understand this, interpersonal relationships aren't exactly always build on rational thought. When someone hurts you (and she literally stands there crying in case anyone forgot) it doesn't matter why they did so; whether it's because some special reason that you are supposed to understand or not. It still might screw up your relationship. And that sometimes means that even if otherwise it might have worked out, a relationship won't work out. I'm sure we've all gone through this a few times. And it's perfectly normal and not a bad thing at all.

Except in fiction where every single person always infinitely sticks to their destined partner, even if it takes 17 times to finally get anywhere. Which of course sometimes is nice and fun to read about. But also sometimes just gets tiresome - and if you are me, you'd want the occasional refreshing different approach.

Dex-chan lover
@Pyoro No, in fact I'd prefer it if Asuka didn't anymore try to go for Kei. Possibly the series could end without either of them having a romatic relationship with anyone. Or Asuka could find someone else. In fact Asuka finding someone else and Kei being left alone of the four MCs could be a kind of stylish conclusion with a realistic touch. At the end of the day, of those four, Kei is the one with the least time for a romance, as long as he intends to keep working both out there and back home. Asuka, on the contrary, should have plenty of time. She's not working part-time and, by the looks of it, doesn't even help at home particularly much.

Users who are viewing this thread