Older then new tag in follows

more or less
https://mangadex.org/title/15359/isekai-tensei-soudouki/chapters/

Now, due to groups pulling chapters, if people made new translations for the missing ones I would like to know, but I think its fairly rare outside of very popular stuff to have more than one group doing it

note with this manga, it has all its chapters still in tact.
would it be possible in a situation like this to flag it in follows as a sub new chapter?

Dex-chan lover
@alidan

I don't even know what suggestion you're trying to make.

But it seems as if you want the Follows page to flag a scanlation of a given chapter as something like a duplication if a scanlation by another group of the same material has previously been uploaded. One problem with this idea is in identifying actual such cases, as one group might use the same label as another for different material or different labels for scanlation of the same source material, and as there might be arguments over whether the differences are minor between uploads with overlapping content.

And if, as you say, there aren't many cases of groups engaged in scanlations of the same manga, then it doesn't seem a frequent occurrence to be alerted to a new scanlation of material for which one has already read a different scanlation.

In most of the cases of which I'm aware in which some group uploads a scanlation of material for which another scanlation was already uploaded, the newly uploaded scanlation was more painstakingly effected, so that there is a reward to reading it even if one has already read the previously uploaded scanlation.

More or less, I have the follows on everything I took an interest in and am still building it up
Some things like the group removing everything and creating a void is annoying, its also, at least for me, annoying to see a new chapter only to realize that the chapter is something I have already read.

so for a flag, sub new, as in the current chapter is 50 but they released lets say a remake of 23, it would be tagged as sub new.
In the case of a volume extra, unless the manga is being translated WAY later then current release, you wont get volume extras, but a chapter 50 current with a 23.5 would also be released as sub new, while it would be a new chapter, and it would still be sub new, given how many things end off on cliffhangers seeing a chapter i'm waiting for and that its new come out only for it to be an extra...
Now, you bring up a potential naming difference, this is also something that I don't see happen all to often and would be an edge case,

i'm not sure how many people there are like me, but i'm at 289 manga and increasing for my reading list that I keep up with, the actual number is probably nearing 1000 when I take into account off site manga and things not in it yet, and when I read a japanese name, I just shrug my shoulders and I have no idea what it is before I go into it, there are probably 50 manga I know off the top of my head that aren't english names, but the rest are honestly going in blind till I see art or characters most of the time, even with english names, some of them blend in with each other so much that its hard to tell. A sub new tag would at the very least for me stop getting my hopes up when I see a new chapter was released. I just think the heads up that something isn't where it's currently at would be nice, given a few groups are going back and retranslateing things that got pulled.

Users who are viewing this thread