God of the City

If it's just this much, I think I can make my dog learn English.

But seriously, thanks to whoever translated to at least let us know of this manhua, but if you're gonna keep translating and this is no machine translation, please try to improve so people can enjoy what the author was trying to convey

1. I don't understand the setting. But so far it seems like this world is exactly like our world, but everybody cultivates and is aspiring to some degree of godhood - according to the beliefs of Taoism. Basically it looks like our world but everybody has magical powers. Why do I have a problem with this? Well, I'd like a warning at first to know what to expect. Like how much of this world is like ours and how much of it is magical?

2. So a non-english speaker translated this into English. And I don't mean a non-native English speaker. I mean an Indian put Chinese into Google Translate with no idea whether or not the English output makes sense. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the translator knows English.

3. I don't understand the teachings of Taoism, and I won't pretend to, but isn't cultivation spiritual? So if his spirit goes into another body he will still remain powerful? If it's not spiritual, instead being physical, it doesn't matter what he's learnt through the years, his younger body is weak now so he is now just as defenseless as before? If so, our MC is gonna really annoy me.

Dex-chan lover
its so celestial that its celestial celestial celestial

one of the five celestial celestial celestial celestial celestial did i mention that it’s celestial

Group Leader
@RubyG8396

1. From what we can see so far, yes, the world is a parallel world where everybody is cultivating. However, there hasn't been any clarity whether or not they're cultivating immortality or their bodies aka inner strength. What we do know is that our MC did go to the Immortal World, so our MC will most likely be wielding some magical powers.

2. Honestly, I don't trust the translator saying they know English. If they were to test for TOEFL, they would probably fail.

3. These cultivation manhuas are loosely based off of Taoism. By loosely, I mean the author might know a smidgen of knowledge on it. In cases of novels like these, the reincarnated cultivator will have problems exerting his power because his body cannot handle it. In fact, in chapter 1 he says something along the lines of his dantian being empty. The dantian, better known as the elixir field or energy center, is where a cultivators Qi(spiritual energy if you may) is stored and acts as a MP bar of sorts if you compare it to a typical RPG.

In chapter 2, we can see from the "atk pwr detector", which is quite the funny addition from the artist, that our MC is able to exert some of his power, most likely due to nourishing that "Feichen sword" in chapter 1.

On another note, I think I'll be following this just to see how bad the translations get, LUL.

@RuthlessOne

😭I'm not sure if I understand it more thanks to your explanation.

My biggest problem was world building. I feel like we were given no exposition so the cultivation doesn't make sense. 😑But maybe the manhua did give me exposition and I just didn't know it. 😅The dialogue is just too confusing. It's like the author gave us the mandatory isekai explanation and nothing else... yet expected us to go along with it. And of course the isekai explanation didn't make sense. Actually nothing here makes sense. What's with the dog tiger? And I want to blame it on the translation but I think the manhua itself may be like this.

This translation is very sloppy and hard to understand. There are glaring grammar and punctuation mistakes.

If you're trying to do a translation for something don't just Google translate it.

I appreciate that you're trying to share this with other people.

If you dont like it just dont read it and shut up. There other who like it and might could not get updated because translator feel discouraged. What the different this manhwa and TODG? TODG just came out first but the art and story quite similiar

@Agni - What is TODG?

There is another manga very similar to this called 'Rebirth of the Urban Immortal Cultivator'. It's really good. It's on Bato.to. This one reminds me of it. I think this has potential, but too many errors. They need a proofreader for this.

I assume, Tales of Demons and Gods. the one that starts off like Naruto, except it remembers his previous life while he's in one of his classes.

there's a few others like that as well; Volcanic Age, Hiraheishi wa Kako wo Yumemiru, Player Reborn, Gu Daoist Master, The Hunter, Kouritsu Kuriya Madoushi, Daini no Jinsei de Madou wo Kiwameru, Tsuyokute New Saga. also a few female mc centered ones which I can't remember off the top of my head.

but the jest of most of them are they live for a while something happens; they die, or interact with something, flung into the past as their past selves and decide to do things differently this time around. there's also a few where instead of being brought back as themselves they're brought back as someone else in the same world. even a few where they're reborn several years later. like that demon king one. or that one where the one hero comes back as his friend's daughter.

it's interesting to see reincarnation stuff, rather than just isekai stuff where they don't even have to world build on earth it's usually boom, your dead, "i'm going on an adventure!"

This translation was okay considering it’s your first time i guess, but still kinda sucky.

Users who are viewing this thread