Ichizu Bitch-Chan (Web)

Double-page supporter
I always confused myself with Ironon's art style with Maki Keigo's art style

Aggregator gang
The author released another chapter on twitter today, so this isn’t a one shot.

Dex-chan lover
That cold death-like stare..... could pierce every guy s souls in the area.

i expected kirisu-sensei doujin after i saw the cover but i was wrong ...

this twitter manga boom is killing me with curiousity , since the mangaka literally have no fixed schedule , i can't stop thinking "what will happen next ??"

i sometimes wonder why mangakas can depict M-side so accurately ? it's as if ... they ... themselves ...

omg , masaka ?

Dex-chan lover
Well, the art is sexy. But the MC is one of those typical "There is no remotely plausible excuse for him not to gather up an armful except that the author doesn't want it to be a hentai, so he has to be a massive wimp" guys. I'm kind of tired of that kind of story.

Is Kouhai~chan the reincarnation of Barbie Doll, 🤣

because she does look like one 😝

Dex-chan lover
Same vibes as 'That Girl Is Not Just Cute' but more.. Risque

Aggregator gang
I know Bicchi in Japanese is a loanword with a different meaning to how English speakers use the word, meaning something closer to "flirty/loose" and largely but not entirely stripped of the insulting effect. But I hate, hate, hate the way they just casually drop this stuff to describe people. Feels so degrading, misogynistic somehow. Like, I know they don't mean it that way (...mostly), but I read it like, oh look at this "promiscuous" young woman let's shame the fuck out of her for daring to have sexual characteristics.

*And yes, it is also used differently even within various English dialects, especially as slang. Bitch, I know. The problem here is that it's being used to describe people not as a punctuation or a pronoun.

[Kiraidesu][I know Bicchi in Japanese is a loanword with a different meaning to how English speakers use the word, meaning something closer to "flirty/loose" and largely but not entirely stripped of the insulting effect. But I hate, hate, hate the way they just casually drop this stuff to describe people. Feels so degrading, misogynistic somehow. Like, I know they don't mean it that way (...mostly), but I read it like, oh look at this "promiscuous" young woman let's shame the fuck out of her for daring to have sexual characteristics.]

I will try my best not to let the translation end up giving off that kind of vibe!
That being said... the keyword in that sentence is "try"...

Also i have no idea how quotes work I'm sorry

Aggregator gang
@ShunZephyr It's probably easier to notify someone if you're trying to talk to them directly through "@ Username" (no space/no quotation marks).

Though for quotes, there's a button second from the right, left of the emoji button, that would put in the quote function. It looks something like this (no spaces):

[ quote ] [ / quote ]

As to my rant, I find this translation perfectly fine and certainly did not imply anything bad about the girl! It's a problem that lies fully with the Japanese original(s), and how their youth (or just otaku? I have no idea) culture adapted this English word to a different meaning in their modern slang. For an English-speaking reader, the only way a translator can remove the misleading connotation entirely is by translating the word to something else, which would be a somewhat controversial move; I think in some contexts commercial translators would indeed choose to do so, but fan translators would likely not.

@kiraidesu

ah thanks a lot! I've mostly just been a lurker on this site, never really bothered reading comments till now...

I'm a fan translator but I chose to do so anyway though

Ah well. Whoever isn't happy with it can do it themselves and reupload the chapters a third time! 🤣

Dex-chan lover
@havelmom agreed. As far as the "girl makes moe/smug/teasing/hnnggg faces every other page" trope goes, this is pretty weaksauce.

Users who are viewing this thread