@doubleyuu thanks for stealing my translations for Koko wo Isekai to Suru! c3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
@doubleyuu from Work in Progress! I'd like you thank you for stealing my translations and not even attempting to try to credit the translator (me) or even make an effort to find me. While you made an effort to typeset and "quality check" chapter 3 of Koko wo Isekai to Suru, I'm surprised you couldn't spend the time to contact me. I know typesetting takes time as I typeset too (and I do admit I'm not that good) for the series I work on once in a while, I do know that compared to the hour or two you take to typeset, you couldn't spend 5 minutes to find me.

Before anyone starts flaming me like Chinese keyboard warriors, let me give you some context. Before the whole Mangadex leaving drama (while doubleyuu happens to be a part of lul), Rupali from Inverte Scans reached out and asked if I was interested in translating for them. I was offered to translate several series, which one of them include Koko wo Isekai to Suru! Of course, when I finished a rough draft of my translation, I sent it over first and was planning to fix up some grammar and structural errors later, but the whole drama happened and their Discord group disbanded and I was under the impression that it wasn't going to be released anymore, so I didn't bother to fix up my translations at all.

However, today I just saw that chapter 3 was released, so I decided to give it a quick read to find that they were an awful amount of resemblance and many striking similarities. I ended up comparing them to my rough draft to find that many of the translations were EXACTLY THE SAME! The ones that aren't exactly the same are literally just changes to punctuation or a fix to logical grammar structure.

Since I called you out, I have to pull out some solid proof that your morals are f*cking less than the president of my damn country (aka President Trump). Quoting from Chinese wuxia and xianxia/xuanhuan novels, "YOU'RE COURTING DEATH!" I had a good friend who was willing to act as a spy and leak some information to show everyone your true colors!

https://imgur.com/5hqjIcq <--His credit page without crediting me
https://imgur.com/X7P1gGt <--Proof you literally just stole my translations
https://imgur.com/Aj1NAu1 <--Your "edits"
https://imgur.com/uUyI9wK <--My translations

I mean you literally just need to ask and I'd be fine or AT LEAST credit me for my translations, but holy sh*t your morals are straight up garbage. "Morals" is an abstract concept that human beings have created so I understand if you weren't taught properly as a kid, so it's about time I teach you what your parents couldn't. Honestly, I'm ready to flame the proofread for going along his bullsh*t, but I'll save that for another day.

That's pretty scummy of you honestly and this is probably why I spend my time translating obscure 4-komas and niche Kirara series that no one ever snipes so I don't have to deal with sh*ts like you. If you have a problem with anything I just said, just find me on Discord (but you probably won't be able to do that since you couldn't find me in the first place).

Dex-chan lover
Whoa... I think I remember that said person doing a snipe on a series as well as slandering thr scanlator team working on the series in the process.
Real piece of work that guy is.

Dex-chan lover
>He puts an "?"
>Your screenshots are illegible
>You don't like Trump.
>ABCsOfLife agrees with you.
>You could just ask him in PM to change the credit page instead of playing the drama queen.

100% wrong.

Dex-chan lover
@BlackGeneral Well have you seen the snipe though? I'm pretty sure the person in question the OP mentioned is terrible.

Also, I think you need to see it from desktop to see the screenshot more clearly, otherwise imgur might lead you to the mobile site which is blurry.

Edit:
Oh yeah, your shtick was you do not like emojis. Sorry man.

@flowingcloud
I guess i'm gonna stay neutral. Your screenshots are so easy to edit that as much as i want to believe you, there is so much faked by screenshots drama nowadays that i just can't.
If the whole thing is true then i understands your frustration, i would just try not to use politics in my angry posts.

@BlackGeneral
">You could just ask him in PM to change the credit page instead of playing the drama queen."
Yes, that's what should have happened but would you be so rational thinking in OP place? I know i would go to some place and in anger i would start smearing. Next day i would regret what i did.

Dex-chan lover
@flowingcloud
I just want to point out that using spies isn't morally correct either btw, not saying you did wrong all is fair in love and war still it speaks of your own character.
Also why bring politics into your rant?

Frankly OP could've made themselves look better in this thread by just cutting straight to the point, the insults will only convince people to not take them seriously.

That said, doubleyuuP at it again after the dumb Sono Mono, Nochi Ni snipe? Lmao

Aggregator gang
@sterven Well, a true lefty owns Trump whenever he gets the chance to (that is always, no matter how badly he needs to shoe-horn politics in). But random politics aren't even the worst thing about this. In just the next sentence, he unironically uses an overly dramatic quote, which doesn't exactly work for RL stuff and looks awfully silly and childish (might just as well have said "in the name of the moon, I will punish you"). And the bit about using a friend as "spy" is pretty WTF.

Oh, and of course, there's the lovely bit about flaming the proofreader, apparently not even considering that he may have no idea about the theft. I guess when someone wronged you, everyone connected is your mortal enemy.

And yeah, you should have contacted him and try to resolve it in private first, before resorting to air your dirty laundry publicly.

If it's true what this guy did, it'd be pretty scummy. But man, you make it extremely hard to have any sympathy whatsoever for you.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Locking due to drama.

Come on dude. If you have a problem with someone, take it to PM and *not* the court of public opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread