What are your favorite Psychological manga?

Fed-Kun's army
By psychological, I mean the manga that impacted you the most emotionally while reading it. My personal 3 favorites of that category are...
Oyasumi Punpun by Inio Asano,
Inside Mari by Shuuzo Oshimi,
and Homunculus by Yamamoto Hideo.
But it doesn't have to be any specific genre. It can anything with an emotionally impacting art and story. But to be clear, the emotions I'm looking for run along the lines of misery, not "Bizarre". You can pick as many as you want.

Fed-Kun's army
Tokyo Ghoul
Welcome to the NHK
She doesn't know why she lives

There are probably some others I've read/seen but can't recall as of now.

I also am with you with Oyasumi Punpun; i love that manga.

Chi no Wadachi is also a great pick - unsettling, frightening and showcases a story between a possessive, manipulative mother and her son. (made by the same author as Aku no Hana)

From the top of my head? Right now I’ll have to say tekkon kinkreet. You wouldn’t immediately recognize it as such but it’s an allegory.

Dex-chan lover
Hibari no Asa by Yamashita Tomoko

I was really effected by this manga and reading it all in one sitting damn near killed me
It's very tense and it really brings up so many damn uncomfortable questions
The way it handles a lot of themes is very unique to this manga
It touches on some heavy topics like the intense sexualization of minors and of victim blaming
And to also of an cultures passivity that might allow something unspeakable to occur and not face consequences

Group Leader
This one. https://mangadex.org/title/22440/jumyou-wo-kaitotte-moratta-ichinen-ni-tsuki-ichimanen-de

The series itself is mostly romance, but once in a while they drop some hard questions philosophically. Questions that has latched itself onto the back of my head since I read the series.

And this one. https://mangadex.org/title/33275/she-doesn-t-know-why-she-lives

It's, well, as the name suggest. A series about a 25-year old who doesn't know why she walks on this earth, it's really psychological.

Users who are viewing this thread