Knuckle Girl - Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
Mmmmmmmm She knows she ain't strong enough and yet. Sigh. Pity pity pity
Many thanks

It's good to see her get humbled like that. Going around thinking you tough shyt cause you know a little boxing but never fought a real street fight. Have a slice of humble pie. Hahahahahah

If she's a professional level boxer then I'm pretty sure her landing multiple hits to the face of any of these dudes would be enough to knock them down. Especially bare knuckle. Also the fact she ain't taking nut shots. Girl you you better aim for them nuts.

Aggregator gang
She's not a professional level boxer. She's good for an amateur woman boxer which is why everything is practically begging her to go to the cops and stick to boxing. It was extremely irresponsible for her coach to suggest she should street fight in a dark alley knowing that the persons she is planning to fight raped her sister.

Dex-chan lover
I gotta hand it to her. She's got plenty of guts. I kind of wish the story had let her get in a couple of hits before he caught her; she knew what she had to avoid and she is fast.
What I don't really like is, I'm starting to get the feeling this story is going to be about her getting saved by the guy rather than about her taking care of business, and while there is perhaps some realism to that (especially since the story defines her as a boxer and whatsisname has a point about the limitations of boxing, especially for smaller people) it makes for me an unsatisfying story. They could have defined her as a strong amateur in some martial art with more ability to deal with this kind of situation, but they didn't. So I'm hoping it didn't make her a boxer just so she ends up a damsel in distress, with the ability to throw a punch as little more than flavour. Hopefully she comes up with something. Don't get me wrong, I like that she's not just creaming everyone, I just don't want her to end up a wimp.
@TrueGoddessReincarnation I dunno. Many years ago, there was a mythology that martial arts, or even boxing, were godlike and martial artists would always be able to cream mere street fighters. It wasn't true. Now it seems like there's a mythology which says street fighters can always cream martial artists, and martial arts or boxing are useless on the street. I don't think that's true either. There are advantages to learning on the street, but also advantages to most martial arts. You practice more, and you learn from a history of people thinking about and working on how to fight; it's going to give you some good moves. If you're in serious training, you're gonna be in better physical condition than most street fighters. A striking martial artist, pound for pound, is going to hit harder and faster than a street fighter. All these things are not useless. They will be hampered against the brutal practicality of street fighting, but not useless.
@iron_monk I dunno. Everyone defends their nuts. Fake to the nuts, then punch him in the throat, see how much his size helps him with that.

(Oddly, we've been talking about street fighting, but this guy she just fought doesn't actually fight like a street fighter. He fights like a judo guy with some experience facing strikers. And his key advantage is he's way, way bigger than she is, stronger, longer reach, can soak up punishment, which would work whether it was a street fight or not. One big advantage of your more experienced street fighters is their reading of situation--they will tend to sucker punch the other person before the other one realizes the fight has already started. Also, they'll keep stomping after you hit the ground. He didn't do either of those things--mostly because he wasn't taking her seriously, but still. It would be interesting to see a street fighter about her size who gives her trouble by doing things like rushing in to where her fancy punches didn't do much, slamming her against a wall, gouging eyes at close range, head butting and so on . . . )

Users who are viewing this thread