Why are a lot of OPs disappearing?

Dex-chan lover
A ton of threads I come across have OPs disappearing. They said something wrong in their opening comment, I assume? But I thought mods don't delete comments so what's going on here?

Oh and one more unrelated topic cause I don't wanna make an independent thread on it. Since when did we have to wait one minute until we can reply again? As far as I remember we used to be able to just comment things on the forum at our will. It's kinda annoying cause now I have to wait for the timer to run out instead of placing my reply asap and moving on immadietely.

Contributor
I am not sure but I would believe that the timer added for replies was due to the forum incident when many of the TL groups decided to up and Ragequit Mangadex and someone decided to try and fill the Mangadex forums with posts about those groups being boneheads basically

Contributor
I thought the timer was added ever since we had an influx of those catfishing mails, but yeah, it's kinda annoying to see that you can't comment on a chapter after you've said something on the forums too.

Dex-chan lover
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Hitman got em'
It's a joke, those OPs probably ask whoever have the authority for it (deleting posts/comments) to delete all the comments they (the OPs) ever made here in MD (I'm pretty sure I have mentioned to you who can do such things).

Why? Well I'm guessing again it might have something related to "delete account" request, since MD doesn't provide that at the moment, I guess deleting all the post they ever made is the next best thing.

That's for the anti spam thing I believe (the comment limitation thing), I for one kinda grateful, because of that I haven't made double post for no reason. Take that my country shitty ISP!

Dex-chan lover
I think we should have a permanent thread, with a list of all deleted usernames, title'd "We Will Remember".

Dex-chan lover
How about "The Fallen Yet Not Forgotten" brought a tear to my eye just typing it.

Dex-chan lover
@SandyBleach

Is sock puppet another term for alt account?

Also, it’s kinda creepy to “always remember” those who “deleted” their account. That’s prolly just me tho

Dex-chan lover
@CyanHide
We are the Internet,
We sometimes forgive,
We never forget,
Expect memes.

Ah right one more thing,
obligatory haiku.
Now that wraps it up.

Dex-chan lover
@EOTFOFYL
Clearly we’re not Anonymous