Detective Conan - Vol. 98 Ch. 1039 - Momiji's Challenge

Double-page supporter
Gaah, I'm not the only one who really doesn't like this new girl, am I? Well, at least we might be getting some Ran-Shinichi interaction, it's been so long!

Look, I like a chapter with Heiji and Kazuha as much as anyone else, but this love triangle bs with some ojou from a movie is getting annoying. We have enough new characters with the Nagano eye-patch guy, a teacher, a sushi guy, RUM, and the Akai family.

Also, a Yaiba & Sayaka cameo on the game the kids are playing

Fed-Kun's army
@gaomuscle Maybe Aoyama will finally try to wrap things up with the rival couple's stagnant relationship.

Fed-Kun's army
Stop with this new character that not related to plot, useless, unless she has something to do with BO

@ Nitrorare

Hmmm, she's not new though.

The other Shinichi Lookalike from Osaka likes this girl I believe. . . . . which now that I think about it, would make their love chart look like a daisy chain.

Character Love Chart
--> <-- <-- < --
Kazuha Heiji Momoji Random Shinchi Kendo guy Lookalike.
^
|
Random Dude that saw lucky charm.

*edit: Sigh, Mangadex removed all my spaces. It looks like this
->@<-@<-@<-
^
|

@crazybars
The Shinichi lookalike guy came from Yaiba, another work by Gosho. He has a crush on Yaiba's little sister. If you are not familiar with Yaiba, then bad luck, because that sister appeared in the final arc while the English scanlation is still stuck at the Kaguya arc (around halfway)
Growing up reading Yaiba I do appreciate Gosho doing little cameos here and there, but planting them as character with relevance in the story just adds more problem with the already large cast of Conan

Aggregator gang
Yeah, I too have that moment when I monologue a bunch of shits in front of my sleeping father instead of just talking about it in my head.

We have enough new characters with the Nagano eye-patch guy, a teacher, a sushi guy, RUM, and the Akai family.
Momiji has appeared in the manga before the teacher, the sushi guy and the Akai father.
so the events of the 21st movie is canon, considering they just mentioned karuta
Momiji was already a Karuta player in the manga before the movie came out. Just because there was one reference/easter egg for M21, doesn't make it canon, especially since Momiji's appearance in the Kyoto case in the manga (1000-1005) contradicts the events of M21.

@Serinox
I stand corrected about their order of appearance. Nevertheless, the characters I mentioned are relevant to the bigger plot, while this ojou so far only exists to be the 3rd wheel for Heiji and Kazuha. Of the many plot points we have in this series, a love triangle for supporting characters is unnecessary

Double-page supporter
Seeing the Detective Boys at Agasa's house reminds me....how often have their parents shown up? I remember Genta's father has shown up, pretty sure Mitsuhiko's has shown up, don't really remember how often Ayumi's family has been shown. And they're always just letting them go to Agasa's house all the time (well I mean, why not? free babysitting!)

.....also EHHHHHH!?! I actually caught up!?!

Dex-chan lover
So she's still relevant to the story, what happened in that movie where she debuted and supposedly a main character and was suppose to settle with Heji and Kazuha?

Aggregator gang
@crazybars Actually the Shinichi look-alike who's the kendo player, Okita Soushi doesn't like her. You can tell from their interactions that they're purely classmates/acquaintances and nothing more. They act quite hostile towards each other. The charm that Soushi mentioned is from a girl that was from Gosho's previous manga Yaiba who is in fact the main character Yaiba's sister. Actually Okita is from that manga too. It seems he's putting Yaiba characters into this universe but of course they play completely different roles and are different people. Basically an easter egg with the Yaiba characters being in an alternate universe.

Aggregator gang
As much as I dislike love triangles and don't like how it has to be used in Conan manga, I guess the pacing for Heiji and Kazuha is slow that it needed one. But come on, if the scenario pops up, Heiji was planning to confess to Kazuha anyway so at the end I see no reason for it indeed.
Outside of her love life revolving Heiji, Momiji seems like a decent person and I don't mind her, if it doesn't involve Heiji. But just like the next person, she's not as necessary, unless Gosho somehow makes her necessary to the plot.
Probably so unrelated but I'm missing Kaito T T WHY CAN'T RAN AND AOKO MEET SO CONAN AND KAITO MEET?!!?!?!? AT LEAST WHERE'S THE PRECIOUS KAITO KID CHAPTERS??!?!?!! Kaito is one of the primary people that should be in on Conan's secret and mission and vice versa! They are honestly such great allies to each other that it's such a missed chance if they don't!!! Also the cast can make doppleganger and twin jokes! xD

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I remember a while back the characters mentioning it was snow... and now, if they are mentioning it's about to be summer, doesnt that mean, they are now in second grade? (the Japanese school system begins in April and ends in March) Idk I mean I'm used to having characters that dont age in media but mentioning the months like this but not having them age is kinda annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread