Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 4 Ch. 28.2

Dex-chan lover
@Sep10trion Definitely. No rout is ever that thorough, especially when the fleeing army is larger than the pursuing army. I can sorta understand the thought process behind it, though, since a defeated army has a very nasty habit of turning bandit; even if only 30% went bandit, that's probably a couple hundred pissed off former soldiers running rampant through the countryside.

Thanks for the chapter.

I think that if Almus and Tetra marry and take over King Ferme’s territory, there will be other clans that will be displeased about this because they don’t acknowledge the Ash Clan’s revival.

Since the current king doesn’t have a son, I’m really expecting Almus to take over the throne at some point in the future.

Down to the last man? That is really dark. That generally never happens in real historical battles. Usually some 10% of the army is destroyed and the rest of the army retreats or gets scattered. There should at the very least be sub commanders and officers controlling that army. That really took me out of the story. It would actually be really hard to destroy an army to the last man like that and would also be really costly.

Dex-chan lover
How to sweet-talk a loli 101 - the royal version.
Goodluck revives a crippling country, kids.

when the losing king already made teh plan that they are using not right before dying

Dex-chan lover
I would like to point out that 'obliterated to the last man' is deeply illogical for this battle. You don't outright kill all enemy soldiers, you catch them and sell them as slaves. When you have killed 30% of the enemy soldiers, they start to rout. When 60% of the enemy army has suffered casualties (by casualty, it includes people who have been routed, injured or killed), you have effectively won the battle.

Killing them to the last man only means they will fight back, you lose your own people because the enemy now has 'do or die' mindset just like the Romans against Boudicca's superior numbers. You kill soldiers to the last man for one reason only, genocide, like what the Romans did to Carthage.

Dex-chan lover
It is obvious from her face that she doesnt want this, and the guy just dangles mc as bait saying this way she gets to marry him. As if she couldnt either way, and this way they only get a way to force him to marry the princess too for that OP isekai protagonist harem.

The roadmap is clear: rebuild the territory and become a recognized noble, formally ask for the princess, then inherit the throne too

Dex-chan lover
@Aichan even selling as slaves is illogical, you want to either enslave and keep them as workforce when taking over the army, or release them to their families for goodwill (less riots) and workforce (dont need to be slaves to work). And a portion of the survivors would be good to have enter your own standing army, as veterans. Even if they wanted to push their luck and sacrifice more men to eradicate the entire army, they would inevitably not get all and increase banditry in their own lands.

That the guy committed his entire army is also a laughable idea. Noone does that. And if he did, even a decisive victory would have left his kingdom even further in dire straits, unless somehow he had such a silly large standing army (no wonder they needed to plunder to sustain their country) and opted to not do any conscription.

>when an mc get attacked by bandits and let them go after some beating
-mc is a wussy
>when an mc goes to a war and obliterated all the enemy soldiers
-too excessive , unnecessary

While I do agree it was too excessive, I suppose the author will always be wrong for whatever choice he made.*shrug💩

Contributor
@Eviltwing it's the catch 22 of shifting the focus from a town setting and setting the stage towards a kingdombuilding campaign. There's no perfect way to do it and in the end there's a system of checks and balances in place to make sure no one is completely happy.

Fed-Kun's army
@Eviltwinq
personally i don't have any problem with those 2 thing, my problem with this manga is, even tho the author trying to sell us a character destined to be a king, the author still made a passive character (like a hundred other "japanese" mc) and being used and manipulated by people behind him. I would really like if mc a little bit ambitious and wanted to be a king by his own decision. Oh, well, it's Japanese author writing story about Japanese for Japanese audience, being different and ambitious is forbidden there....

Fed-Kun's army
at least we made it past those terrible war chapters

Dex-chan lover
I see mangaka/writer had been playing Total War for inspiration
Always wipe enemies to the last man

@humbleoverlord
it seems to me that the problem you are describing is only in the manga,
because in my memories he wants to make an empire early in the web novel
I think the problem is how the artist shows us the story that he did not write and not understand you must believe

Users who are viewing this thread