What are some authors/manga/artists you like?

It's personally very hard for me to pick my favorite anything. So I usually just have a handful of authors or manga I can think of off the top of my head. I was reading through Acaria, when 10 chapters in I finally noticed a lot of similarities with Helck, both story-wise and the artwork. This is what spurred on this question. Both are pretty good and I would recommend you take a look at them. Nanao Nanaki is the creator behind both of them.
https://mangadex.org/title/17317/acaria
https://mangadex.org/title/17710/helck

Group Leader
Best duet ever, this guys have great communication and work together very closely:
Howard Phillips Lovecraft (writing)
Tanabe Gou (drawing)

Double-page supporter
If we're talking about series where I really enjoy both the art and the story, there are a few names that come to my mind right away:
Sakura Amyuu, the author of Kono Oto Tomare! is both a great storyteller, and an amazing artist, you can tell each scene and character is crafted with love and dedication;
Itou Junji, considered a master in the horror genre, and rightfully so, no one is able to disturb you quite as him XD ;
Hikawa Kyouko, one of the best Shoujo authors imo, and her old-school artstyle is so recognizable and pleasing;
Nagabe, yet another unique artist, and his stories are so poetic.
I'm also really fond of Aoyama Gosho's artstyle, there's just something in the way he draws you just can't recreate... And I love his stories too, of course, even though he loves the status quo a little too much XD

Dex-chan lover
Izumi Tsubaki, the jokes she made on her mangas sits really well with me.
I found myself usually burst out laughing with each chapters I read of her mangas (Well.. that mostly happen with "Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun").

Aggregator gang
Sui Ishida (Tokyo Ghoul)
Inio Asano (Oyasumi Punpun)
Shuuzo Oshimi (Inside Mari)
Asou Haro (Alice in Borderland)
Ohba Tsugumi (Death Note)
Urasawa Naoki (20th Century Boys)
Yamamoto Hideo (Homunculus)
Isayama Hajime (Attack On Titan)
Araki hirohiko (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Nihei Tsutomu (Blame)
(It's really hard to pick)

Users who are viewing this thread