Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary States Japan's Govormentt is Considering Support Measures for Kyoto Animation

Today Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga told Japan's national news agency that the Japanese government is considering support measures for Kyoto Animation. With this a nonpartisan, all-party diet group has proposed support measures for the victims and the company. The proposal includes suggestions of tax breaks for donations, and providing support for animator training. However Yoshihide mentioned that he first wants to assess the situation with the relevant government agencies before discussing measures such as compensation to those who died or were injured, or rebuilding management.

More information on this can be read here: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-support-measures-for-kyoto-animation/.149478

Fed-Kun's army
I’m more worried about the animation training, will the new employees have good treatment or bad like other anime studios? From my knowledge Kyoto was the only one that treated their employees good but now everything will change. Who knows how they’ll recover from this setback. They really lost a lot. =/

@Phaestos

Indeed! ^_^ Also where did you get that joke from?

@UnknownSaint111
I to am concern how animators are treated in animated studios across Japan and want them to receive better treatment and care. The thing is I do not see something like arson changing Kyoto Animation's policy in how they treat their employees, nor how for that matter. In fact earlier this week they made a statement that they will continue to care for their employees moving forward, and they did not mention or imply anything changing in terms of their original focus. It's certainly unclear how they will recover from this tragic event, but at the present it seems like there is not going to be this major shift in what they aim for as a studio.

Double-page supporter
What about better building safety? They had no way of getting out of the building because he set fire to the main entrances.

Double-page supporter
When I went to check some news about this one of the things that called my attention is how bad the fire code regulations over there are and I can't help but think that a lot of lives could have been saved with a stricter code, so I seriously hope their gov revises them, specially for buildings full of flammable materials.

( I also kept wondering if they did not have any security guards or if people in that profession are not allowed to carry guns in japan. )

@Phaestos

I see.

@Reikou
I also kept wondering if they did not have any security guards or if people in that profession are not allowed to carry guns in japan.

I would imagine security guards would be allow to use fire arms since their job is to protect the people they are looking after, but then I am not sure how it works in Japan. I do know that earning a license to own a gun is convoluted as hell.

I don't think normal security person is equipped with firearms. They might have baton and hand cuffs, but not firearms.

Group Leader
That's good. I hope they get all the help they possibly can with all things considered, and come back stronger and bigger than they've ever been.

Group Leader
They should honestly just do the right thing and impose/enforce min wage and overtime laws.

@Reikou

It's impossible for anyone in japan to get a handgun. Civilians can only get licenses for shotguns and high-powered air-rifles for hunting purposes, and even those are rigorously controlled. Not even patrolling police officers carry guns normally.

Don't they have something like a wooden sword? Wouldn't that sound cool.😤I really want one.🤤I think police and such receive training in martial arts like Judo and Kendo.

@Kazuto

I do not see what a wooden sword would do in most situations officers would find themselves in today's time (although carrying a sword around would be pretty cool). With that said from searching online officers are indeed train in Judo and Kendo, but with the case of the latter it would seem only a select couple practice Kendo. Here some some sources you can read:

https://artofgrappling.com/2014/12/22/why-judo-is-good-for-law-enforcement/

http://www.kendo.com/kendoinjapantoday

https://www.tofugu.com/japan/martial-arts-of-japanese-police/

P.S I do own a wooden sword as well as a bamboo one.

Hopefully this will help the case that should help in the way of fire prevention and safety regulations as it’s almost nonexistent

@sedition i've noticed that this is an issue with a good number of buildings in japan. spent a couple months in a language school and it only had one staircase.

@Serkket while i would normally agree with you japan has such a low crime rate that not counting white collar crimes (i.e. scams, breaking labor laws, etc.) people use their smartphones to save seats at places like McDonalds. chances are you would more likely win the lottery then need a gun to defend yourself in japan.

Users who are viewing this thread