Uramichi Oniisan - Vol. 3 Ch. 23 - Shiso God

Dex-chan lover
Every time I read this I feel like I wanna laugh but I shouldn’t or rather, I couldn’t. Maybe because it always hits close to home.
P.S. bow before the Shiso God. We do not deserve his sacrifice.

Fed-Kun's army
uramichi likes kids since their innocent, but kids dont really like him since they can tell hes a huge burnout

Fed-Kun's army
I don't understand why this is funny, but it totally is. It's so freaking dark.

Fed-Kun's army
@zerimas
It's because Uramichi, though fitter than likely most of us, is a character close to many adult readers. The inexorable soul-grinding pressures of your work environment. The mind-scrping banality of sociopath bosses. His deep-seated dread towards every new workday and incrementally-creeping self-loathing by the end of it is YOUR career.

We find a cold numbing comfort in his daily misadventures, and, sympathizing with a nervous chuckle of our own, feel a little of our own load shared away.

Dex-chan lover
The little kid and her mom killed me. I love how innocently savage the audience always is

Fed-Kun's army
"If you compare it to the bitterness of dressing like the God of Shiso on television, that's nothing!"
How old is that kid? That was freaking brutal and savage in the disguise of "innocent" remark.

Fed-Kun's army
@Variousletters

Good explanation. I was dying of laughter when they each explained the dreams that they had. Particularly when Kumagai (I think that is his name) explained his. I don't even think it a "joke" exactly. There really isn't anything like a "setup" or a "punchline". It's just a guy describing some general existential terror during a shitty meeting.

However, I guess it is relatable. I constantly feel giving responses like that when people ask me stupid, banal questions (like "how are you"), but I obviously don't. The previous chapter was also filled with gems.

v1m

On a different note – why did the earlier chapters disappear?

Users who are viewing this thread