Nep

Dex-chan lover
Hmm.. Not as entertaining this time. Probably because Masa's ignorance was not as funny when I don't know what those tools do myself.

Dex-chan lover
I want to believe that a real yakuza boss read this manga too somewhere in Japan and puts a smile.

There's also the chance that some yakuza might say "this fool is making fun of the code, huh? we should pay a visit..."

If you have a Diazo near you, go there, it is much better than normal dollar stores here in NA.

Group Leader
As someone who passes this section at the supermarket every week I can tell, some of these tools are pretty dumb
Mostly are just small version of things that I already own

Dex-chan lover
Daizo does sell some useful stuff, but an apple cutter? Just get a chopping board and a knife.

Contributor
images

YES FINESSE!
The easiest way to make your food tastier is to master the art of presentation.
Making it look good is the first step in making someone think it tastes good.
You can make all kinds of great food, but if it is lacking in visual appeal, you've already lost the first battle.

And for those lacking in the way of the househusband, my guesses at the items on page 12 are:
1st panel: either a steamer insert or a collapsable colander
2nd panel: looks like laundry clips (clothespins)
3rd pane: dirt filter net for a washin' machine

@HighStream Alton Brown is right -- single-purpose kitchen tools, or unitaskers, are generally pointless, unnecessary, or duplicative... except when they aren't. Commonly used unitaskers for me have included unitaskers like a garlic press, a pizza wheel, a ginger grater, and a waiter's corkscrew. Even unitaskers like a cherry pitter get a heavy workout when it is cherry season.

Contributor
Daiso has so much stuff that I wasn't going to buy but I guess I need now. The apple slicer is extremely useful. I also got this clothing pill remover from there and it is so nice. I also got a ton of cups and bowls and gifts there. If you see a Daiso, go in! It's more like a dollar fifty store here in the states cause of importing and stuff, but it's still great

That being said, they CAN stand to label things better. My excuse is that I can't read Japanese, but I've asked people who can to tell me how to use some of their things, and they've got no idea either

Group Leader
Ok, so the Seriya "slogan" is a RatM reference "Pocket Full of Shells", and the Daizo one is a NWA reference "Straight Outta Compton". What is the Can*Goo "slogan" referencing?

Users who are viewing this thread