Man Drowning in a Veil - Ch. 9

it's glacial, but at least it's not immobile.

the comic's a lot better now that we're not doing divekicks to small animals, wowie zowie what a misstep

Dex-chan lover
@Patware This comic legitimately gave me flashbacks to those leaked footage videos that show what happens in factory chicken farms. Luckily the hero is warming up to pink things that make him smile...instead of making pink slime pigeage style.

Aggregator gang
aaaa yessss i hope they meet again ....in a good way tho and get along and the girls aren't mad at him ;u;

ahahaha i think aimu & tachibana are gonna make great friends

Dex-chan lover
I think the chick scene did its job well enough. Kid was so confused about what was "normal," he took the words of a weird asshole seriously despite feeling like it was wrong.

Double-page supporter
Well, the age gap was a good plot twist XD but come on, he's got a big build, but he doesn't look that old!

@Glomoro it succeeded in its task but it REALLY skewed the early tone of the series. doing that and going back to comedy is the writing equivalent of slewing drunkenly around the road

you're getting toward where you're going but the people around you will become alarmed

Dex-chan lover
@Patware Well, they've since removed the comedy tag for this on here anyway. I guess someone managing the page agreed with a lot of the comments that the comedic moments here don't nearly outweigh the other elements and kind of give a wrong impression for expectations going in. The line between comedy and drama can get pretty blurry in these things, but here it feels like a palate cleanser between mouthfuls of depression. Even with the arrival of this new friend and a possible reunion with his old ones, I totally don't see this kid getting anywhere without traveling through the "it's gonna get worse before it gets better" territory of his issues.

I feel so sorry for him, as a tall girl i'm ofte told what suits me and what dosen't, even as a kid I wasn't "cute" in the eyes of my teachers, they treated me as older than I was.
LET PEOPLE LOVE CUTE THINGS SOCIETY
LET PEOPLE HAVE THINGS

Users who are viewing this thread