Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai - Vol. 15 Ch. 72 - Yugami-kun Challenges

isn't kadota a catcher, not a pitcher ? if so, there an error at the start of the chapter ; D

Dex-chan lover
Thank to the pussy dish, he can focus again.
I'm the other hand, The JoJo team was like "you are one of us now, Brodda"

I should've asked this in previous chapter, but why did yugami said their team would be done if kadota gets hurt too? is the job of a catcher a vital one? also what would happen if a catcher failed to catch a ball (it slipped, or he missed it completely) ?

Dex-chan lover
FUCK this is the cutest shit ive ever seen

i’ve never been so into a couple before EVER the relationship development is crazy perfect and natural thats a rare thing for manga and its EXACTLY what i want

@raifive IIRC if the catcher drops the ball or otherwise fails to catch, the batter can run to first base. The catcher can still throw to first base and take out the batter, but it's still a critical error.
Also, you've probably seen it here and in other baseball manga, but catchers work closely with the pitcher as they figure out how to strike-out the batter. You can see Kadota directing Yugami's pitches.

Fed-Kun's army
@raifive Other than Nidou, I don't think their team has any other decent catcher so Kadota is vital. Also, according to baseball rules:

6.05 A batter is out when— ... (b) A third strike is legally caught by the catcher...

6.09 The batter becomes a runner when— ... (b) The third strike called by the umpire is not caught, providing (1) first base is unoccupied, or (2) first base is occupied with two out...

In other words, outside these two condition, I'm assuming nothing happens when a catcher fails to catch the ball and they just have a ball guy pick the ball up and throw back.

@raifive the catcher calls the pitches and the pitcher will either agree or not. The catcher has to catch the ball and try to paint it in the strike zone to get the call. A good catcher can sometimes make a ball look like a strike and fool the umpire. If the catcher fails to catch the ball, its live and acts like a hit, the batting team can try to advance and even score.

Dex-chan lover
This was fast, the translations were only posted on /a/ a few hours ago.
Also, god I love Yugami and Chihiro's development. There is more to come from this cat's dish people!

Users who are viewing this thread