100-nin no Eiyuu o Sodateta Saikyou Yogensha wa, Boukensha ni Natte mo Sekaijuu no Deshi kara Shitawarete Masu

Group Leader
Is there some sort of bot going around that automatically rates a series as a "1" as soon as the first chapter appears?

Synopsis: Basically the MC/protagonist wants to venture out into the human world, and he's a highly respected magician who is really powerful. With his erofu servant he is going to travel and I guess It'll be what they experience on their travels. 6/10.

@HDMI1 I wouldn't be surprised.

With a title like that I'm surprised it's not a light novel adaptation.

Cae

How tragic, the cover looks passable but the facial proportions look so out of whack...

Contributor
@Cae the cover is from the light novel which is done by a different artist. @amanohana925 if you want to check them out.

@Nakanowatari
Pretty sure It's just not isekai as the first page mentions that the MC is in "The Other World", which is a place between spirits and humans.

Dex-chan lover
A story with this setup shouldn't have any trouble with finding new places to go and things to see. Hopefully the execution is good enough.

only 2chaps out, i hope it follows its premise and becomes some sort of normal travelling adventure. im just hoping this wont become a harem of some sort while the mc use his powers to save the world again

Man I paused when browsing on this title because the guys smile is brilliant and beautiful! Hopefully the series is translated steadily.

I already think the MC's a nut head, if the series doesn't progress down this route and have him actually do something about mercilessly torturing dogs while laughing, all the while going down the route that he's some kind of saint then this will get boring fairly quickly.
And just the whole concept sounds like a short story with its plotting, if its as @JustNatsuki says and its supposed to be a long running series then why did they push an exposition dump at the start instead of sprinkling story throughout the series. the only showing of any kind of story is that
magic is weaker now then when he was in this world to some extent
, but even that is usually used in the description, as its a non descriptor. And we're still going through heavy expo. I doubt the series would go on very long without making it obnoxiously drawn out between events, and that would lower viewership by a large margin. The key to long running stories is either a good writer that can change even the most mediocre of events into an outstanding tale, or to have a wel descript story that is carefully inserted throughout without what is the equivalent of skipping a page and just an author quote saying "oh yeah, everyone died or something, don't worry too much about it." That being said The story's still early into its run so it could get better or have some amazing twists.
Nvm just checked all of the authors other ones and I dropped them for being ecchi trash without a plot. Not hoping for much.

Group Leader
@Soveregin Every story has to have an exposition dump at the start. That's how you create a world. That's how you create a motive for the characters.

Code:
I doubt the series would go on very long without making it obnoxiously drawn out between events, and that would lower viewership by a large margin. The key to long running stories is either a good writer that can change even the most mediocre of events into an outstanding tale, or to have a wel descript story that is carefully inserted throughout without what is the equivalent of skipping a page and just an author quote saying "oh yeah, everyone died or something, don't worry too much about it." That being said The story's still early into its run so it could get better or have some amazing twists.

My thoughts exactly. The axe isn't patient

The art is mediocre, the story has terrible pacing with info dumps that makes it feel even slower. There is no reason to care about the MC or any character at all. How this has a 7* score is beyond me.

@JustNatsuki
Every story has to have an exposition dump at the start. That's how you create a world. That's how you create a motive for the characters.

That's not true at all and in manga is usually the first sign of a bad story with poor writing. A good story explains things naturally using the characters to create the world and showing us their motivations through their actions and their past explored in a natural way.

Users who are viewing this thread