Golden Kamuy - Vol. 21 Ch. 206 - The Distance Between the Two of Them

This annoys me a lot more than i thought. She's a kid, she needs to grown up and then decide what she wants to do. If the people that want her to fight can't accept that, well they can go straight to hell. Parents shouldn't raise their kids to continue their work, or some sort of legacy, parents should raise their kids so that they can be happy.

Group Leader
This is really a touching chapter; the main characters in a dialogue that pulss the strings or their deep heart... Really nice!!!

Wonder what will Asirpa decide? I guess she's going for the gold, but also one feels the end of the story should have to be with Asirpa living an ordinary live as an Ainu in her tribe, with her heart in peace. It that's what's coming, I wonder how the story will mix these two lines.

Contributor
War is always insane and makes people involved insane mmm...

Sugimoto finally honest with Asirpa!! But I don't expect him to told her in this situation...

Sem

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what she can even do. How much of a choice she really has in this situation.

Even if she decides to give it up, everyone knows who she is and how integral she is to solving the mystery of the gold. Sugimoto and Tanigaki (and maaaaaybe Shiraishi) might be the only ones who are willing to fight for Asirpa to live peacefully. Most everyone else has been shown to be willing to manipulate her for their own ends.

Double-page supporter
The filmmakers having met Asirpa's parents a decade ago feels contrived, but it was definitely worth it because of how good this chapter is. I thought that Girel might have been related to the Partisans somehow and that he was trying to continue Kiroranke's work to get Asirpa on their side, but it looks like that's not the case. The last chapter makes it seem like he's French, but he doesn't look French, so I'm not sure.

Dex-chan lover
Sugimoto calling out on a typical shounen trope. A person who makes sacrifices to convey a message or to prove a point isnt a hero. That person just essentially guilt tripping you to adopt their ideals.

Users who are viewing this thread