Sekai de Tada Hitori no Mamonotsukai ~Tenshoku shitara Maou ni Machigawaremashita~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Hidden Elven Village

Alright- the doggo is a great addition to the ranks. I really like how all the monsters are distinct. And also aren't hot girls. Hopefully the dragon won't throw off the awesome trend.

Dex-chan lover
I hate that stupid trope.
"Imma kill you"
"Oh no bad guy is actually good guy"
"PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!"

For fuck sake

Please consider the fact that she was literally the last line of defense for the children and elderly villagers. Rather than mere stubbornness, she was simply in no position to trust him on sight. She couldn't afford to take such a risk. But once she saw his ability in action, she realized that he might just be able to save her people. So of course she's going to plead with him to help them. Everything she did was entirely rational from her perspective.

@tuatara1 She was about to attack him despite him saying he's friendly and the monsters he has with him not acting like typical monsters. Negotiation at the very least looked like a possibility when she learned he could talk and she ignored that.

Double-page supporter
wow he encountered it fast lol
this MC reminds me of Isekai Shihai no Skill Taker: Zero kara Hajimeru Dorei Harem MC but harem of monsters

Dex-chan lover
"...may i call you with Noah-dono?" that should be "address you with" right?

Well MC is rather strong as can take a dragon head-on.
But I wonder what bonuses Hero class gave as MC became a tamer while preserving the original stats.

Dex-chan lover
@The_DCG well, it's not like any of these monsters are transforming into demihuman forms. So I think having the massive ancient dragon taking on the deredere maiden, Ara Ara big sister, or team mom archetype would be pretty darn funny. Just not tsundere, that one is borderline overdone.

Dex-chan lover
@daxrocket If I walk up to you in your house with an RPG-7 on my shoulder and say it's cool, I'm friendly, would you believe me? Because that's basically the situation here: over the past year, her hometown's population has probably dropped by about 40%, with her regularly losing friends to monster attacks, and all of a sudden, this dude rolls up with monsters in tow claiming to be able to control them and that he's friendly. Oh, and he's human, who this chapter's confirmed regularly capture elves to be sold as sex slaves.

If I were in her shoes, my very first thought would be that if he's telling the truth about controlling those monsters, who's to say he hasn't been controlling them all? I mean, it's classic false-flag tactics to launch an attack on a target just so you can foil it and get in their good graces, so I'd even be wondering if maybe, just maybe, he was responsible for the dragon, as well. Hell, the fact that she trusted him so quickly after turning back the attack (that a paranoid person like myself would say came at a suspiciously good time for him to defeat) is more unbelievable than her initial reaction.

Don't worry MC, I totally get you. I mean who wouldn't be excited about a dragon pet? Just don't screw this up.

@Vincentius People just sometimes can't see things objectively because they self-insert too much with the MC.

Users who are viewing this thread