Anime To-Watch Suggestions?

Lately I have been wary on what anime I've been motivating myself to find worth a watch. The only ones I have brought myself to check out is Tejina-Senpai and Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2. Most airing I know next to zilch or nothing at all about them.

BTW: My preferred genres are action and or comedy.

I see.

I do know a few anime that fall under the action and comedy genres.

There is Toei Animation's Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo which is an anime adaptation of shounen manga series of the same name by Yoshio Sawai. It's a story that takes places in the future where the world is under a tyrannical rule of an empire named Maruhage who force people to go bald and a bizarre rebel named Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo fights against the tyranny of this empire by using his noise hairs (as well as armpit hair in one episode). By this summery it's clear this is a bazaar show, but it was funny. I watch it during the time it aired on TV years ago when I in high school. However none of the official anime streaming sites have this show available and while the anime is license by discotek media I cannot find the show anywhere in their catalog or in Amazon and rightstuf, and it's not like it's listed as being out print on the discotek media site.

Well if you can't find that one there are two other anime I have in mind, and while I have not seen them, I have heard good things about these shows and they also fall under the action and comedy genre, and they are anime adaptations of manga series by one person that goes by the name of ONE.

The first one is One-Punch Man that was produce by Madhouse (season 1) and J.C Staff (season 2). The summery is as follow from wikipedia:

On an unnamed Earth-like super-continent planet, powerful monsters and villains have been wreaking havoc in the cities. To combat them, the world's government created a Hero Association that employs superheroes to stop them. The heroes are ranked from Class C to Class S. Saitama, an unassociated hero, hails from the metropolis of City-Z and performs heroic deeds for his own entertainment. He has trained himself to the point where he broke his "limiter" and can effortlessly defeat any opponent with a single punch, but he is now bored with his own omnipotence and frustrated from his lack of sense of challenge.

You can watch the anime either in Japanese or English dub on Viz Media: https://www.viz.com/watch/streaming/one-punch-man

The second one is Mob Psycho 100 produce by Bones. The summery, also taken from wikipedia, is as follows:

Shigeo Kageyama is an average middle school boy, nicknamed Mob (モブ Mobu, lit. "background character") for lacking a sense of presence. Although he looks like an inconspicuous person, he is in fact a powerful esper with immense psychic power. To keep from losing control of this power, he constantly lives a life under an emotional shackle. In order to help learn how to control his abilities, Mob works as an assistant to con-man Reigen Arataka, a self-proclaimed psychic. Mob wants to live a normal life just like those around him, but a barrage of trouble keeps coming after him. With his suppressed emotions growing inside Mob little by little, his power threatens to break through its limits as he eventually encounters other Espers.

You can watch the English and Japanese dub on crunchyroll: https://www.crunchyroll.com/mob-psycho-100

Hope this helps.

Group Leader
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm check MAL for more detailed info about something like this, or maybe kitsu or anilist (or maybe IMDB)

VIP
Here are some that I enjoyed!

Mob Psycho 100: Seconding this, I love this series! Reigen is a fun guy. Also, #GiveTeruADad2k19. Example clip: Chuuni younger brother tries too hard to be edgy

Nichijou: Ordinary high school life. Example clip: Local high school girl assaults police officer to hide yaoi drawings

Hinamatsuri: Yakuza man who really likes pots meets deadpan esper girl who escaped from the future. Comedy, action, feels. Example clip: 100% serious esper duel

Tanaka-kun Is Always Feeling Listless: About a guy who's very, very lazy and sleeps a lot and mostly relies on Oota taxi to get around. Example clip: Tanaka's listlessness vs. badminton

Symphogear: Singing magical girls fight against people who really hate the moon after priestess woman failed to seduce god. Fun action series! Example clip: Saving a damaged space shuttle by punching through a mountain

Barakamon: Calligrapher guy voiced by Ono Daisuke gets banished to the countryside after punching an old guy in the face. He meets a really happy and energetic first-grader and mellows out a bit. Example clip: Country fujoshi girl tries to get some manga advice from Tokyo man

Humanity has Declined: I'm not sure how to explain this series. Here's a clip of the MC adjusting her subtitles translation glasses as a raw whole uncooked chicken gives its world domination speech

Tsurezure Children: Various school romance comedy stories. Example clip: Girl voiced by Hanazawa Kana messes with her crush's younger sister

Kaguya-sama: Student council President and Vice President have too much ego and pride to admit they're in love with each other so they have to play psychological mind games to try and get the other person to confess first. Example clip: Cake tsunderes

@JarrodRojo
The anime adaptations of Shoji Gatoh's and Range Murata's Cop Craft by Millepensee and Atsushi Ōkubo's Fire Force by David Production looked to be very promising series of this season, and the anime adaptation of Mari Okada's and Nao Emoto's O Maidens in Your Savage Season is another good one that is looking to be an important series for some people (particularly for adolescent girls).

@goodie-bag
Oh so you have heard of the show. It was a good series. ^_^

Also, I like your profile image.

Dex-chan lover
>action and or comedy.

action: samurai champloo - and my rating: 7/10
Tenjho Tenge - don't remember prolly 6/10
Devil May Cry - don't remember prolly 6/10
Claymore - don't remember prolly 7.5/10
Blade of the Immortal - don't remember prolly 7.5/10
Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate - 8 and 7.5 of 10 or so, enjoy your action - Ultimate = Action and badass Alucard, one of the most badassTM chars ever

comedy:
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - I don't remember, 6 or 7 of 10
Detroit Metal City (or DMC) - 10 11/10 my sides, much funnier than reading the manga
Ping Pong Club - never finished it, meh, prolly 5 or 6 or 7 of 10

E: @ununseti:
>Hinamatsuri: Yakuza man who really likes pots meets deadpan esper girl who escaped from the future. Comedy, action, feels. Example clip: 100% serious esper duel
Thx :D Got something to watch thanks to ya, THX!

Users who are viewing this thread