Yuusha, Yamemasu - Vol. 2 Ch. 9.2

Dex-chan lover
That imp is so definitely going to be slain when the people supposed to pick him up arrives. That or turned into a lab-rat.

The dichotomy between the bog-standard main story and the thorough backstory is fun to read; I really like it.
But the cheesiness of the main story is so trite, it really brings down the premise set up by the backstory.

If the main story was written a bit more seriously with some more thought, it'd be a lot more worthy of having a backstory like this. Currently it's just an increasing mass of wasted potential.

Oh well. I'll still enjoy reading it.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, I feel like the Imp could die any minute now. Him talking about names and legacy is like a deathflag.

Dex-chan lover
Scientist A: Wait, where's the sex?
Scientist B: Sex?
Scientist A: Yea the sex of this unit isn't listed anywhere in the documentation.
Scientist B: Dude..its a weapon, it doesn't need to fuck. Why the hell would it or we need to know its sex? Why would it even need genitalia?
Scientist A: I mean..i guess.
Scientist B: I am going to need to take a look at your work computer and phone after this.
Scientist A: I suggest you don't and say you did.

Dex-chan lover
@Afiaki
Well the backstory is from a few millenia ago, if we take the main story seriously, so it would make sense that things were more serious then than now given how much more advanced civilization was.

Dex-chan lover
Strange that Belial came along if they were merely dumping off lesser demons; unless they’re using Earth as a stepping stone to invade the rest of the universe for resources.

Dex-chan lover
his poor tiny waifu... no super soldier babies for you.

You know, considering what a shitshow the millenia past seems to be, the post-apocalypse is looking pretty good.

@grandygon took this damn long for Leo to take his advice huh?

@mahtan
I was more meaning, his backstory isn't just your typical bland no-one-actually-cares manga fantasy hero backstory, but it actually made me go "Wait, hang on, what?", whereas the main story is more like 'Here's once teensy subversion on the genre and that's the premise'

Dex-chan lover
so he is 05, even if some have fallen, there is still the option of author presenting another

Dex-chan lover
@Merilirem One upside is it would make it far less likely for a female demon to seduce him into switching sides. The downside is he could come to understand how badly he's been treated and change sides for someone being nice to him instead.

Double-page supporter
when he smile, he really beautiful.....
his Trap trait is on par or even surpass that assassin general.....

Users who are viewing this thread