Ookami wa Nemuranai - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
new harambe member
edit: this chapter was comedy gold

Dex-chan lover
lol doesnt this spoiled girl think that maybe he likes his necklace and doesn't want to just have it stolen?

To be fair, magic is a relative unknown in this world. Magic artifacts are probably considered nonexistent.

She wouldn't have known she was depriving him of his most treasured tool and offering him scrap in return.

Dex-chan lover
If he is wearing such an item it clearly holds immense value to him.

Yet you show the gall and greed to make him an offer he can't officially refuse, taking away something he values immensely because you have the delusion that he is romantically interested in you, or at the very least, more devoted to you than you think.

He is an Adventurer for gods sake. He lives for the travelling and adventure. You are kind of crippling him with your own selfishness.

Fed-Kun's army
As his internal monologue explains they assume hers is worth more. I don't think him wearing it mean it clearly is immensely valuable to him.

Though yeah "it is magic and helps me so I need it" is an explanation he could have tried.

In the novel
it's not really that bad a trade when Lecan discovers that the necklace has +attack or something similar. That enchantment is actually considered better in general but considering how Lecan values stamina, it's debatable

Edit: the effect was actually so good he chose not to use it in fear of his skills getting dull

Dex-chan lover
Fuck's sakes this pisst me off. Why wouldn't you even ask what that was? It could've been a goddam family heirloom that you pressured him into giving up.

Fuckin spoiled to shit.

Yes, she's selfish. But remember this is a fourteen years old young woman about to get married to someone she doesn't know, far from everything and everyone she ever knew. That's probably why she wanted to at least get some souvenir from the one who protected her for years.

I guess she will get saved from poison or an attack due to the health regeneration of the pendant sometimes in the future.

So far, I'm really liking this manga. Art is great and the story is among the best isekai I read.

Fed-Kun's army
Works for pittance and gets his treasure stolen from him. 😭

Prologue/Opening is almost over. Just another chapter or two. It's tough to tell how much of what happens in these early chapters relates to the later story. The gem exchange scene still seems a bit strange to me, because Lecan is usually pretty quick to refuse anything that he doesn't want to do. But in situations like this where he feels indebted to someone, even if he wants to refuse, he'll still agree to it. A similar thing happens later when he doesn't want to teach Eda magic, but his own teacher requests that he do so, and so he agrees.

Webnovel is currently at 513 (fairly short) chapters, and updates pretty much every other day. (I've still been staying pretty much caught up on it.) Translation is at chapter 82 (10.5 by the series numbering style). This particular chapter aligns with chapters 8 and 9 (1.12-1.14 in the series own numbering.)

If you're curious about what happens to Luvie from here on, (very minor spoiler)
just keep wondering, because I had to google to find a brief couple of sentences from chapter 246 that I vaguely remembered and very lightly touched on her situation.

Lecan wonders to himself.
(今ごろは婚家で幸せに暮らしているだろうか)
MTL: Is she now living happily in her new marriage?

実はこのころルビアナフェルは、レカンから受け取った赤い宝玉のために、婚家であるシャドレスト侯爵家で、当初想定されていたのとはずいぶんちがった境遇に置かれていた。赤い宝玉の持つ、この世界の恩寵品にも薬にもあり得ない効果は、ルビアナフェルに劇的な影響を与えたのである。

MTL:
Luvianafel was actually in a very different circumstances than was the first assumption with the marquis Sha'dreste house that she married into thanks to the influence of the red gem received from Lecan at this time. As it was an effect impossible for the grace goods or medicine of this world, the red gem had a dramatic influence on Luvianafel.

So yeah, no idea what's going on with her. As far as main female leads go in this series, you'll get another teenager (nominally a romantic interest) and an old witch (not a romantic interest) and a random doctor/healing magic lady (not much of a romantic interest) you should fully expect to go long periods of time not seeing them.

Major spoiler about Lecan's relationships

He does get engaged to both the teenager and doctor lady later on, but I don't think he's slept with either of them yet. I am not sure he has ever viewed the teenager in a romantic sense.

Fed-Kun's army
I already see those enchantment influencing her stay with the in-laws :s

Hopefully it doesn't do much of a damage to MC's overall strength?

Dex-chan lover
If that stone is so expensive, MC needs to take care of it along with its present wielder. Next destination decided?

FUCKING DROPPED, NO FUCKING WAY WOULD SOMEBODY LIKE HIM JUST GIVE UP SHIT LIKE THAT, STUPID FUCKING PLOT LINES BYE GARBAGE

This series is great so far. Really dig how our MC is more of a veteran man who went through hell to get where he is, as opposed to some random young boy who is just OP, because, plot.
Thanks for the work and release.

Users who are viewing this thread