The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 5 Ch. 26 - The Lead

Oh boy! I feel so happy at being the first one to comment on my most very favourite manga!
Great as always .Thankyou for the translation.
I can't wait for the romance to kick in , in later chapters.

Ok.Did he give him som mild poison for MaoMao?
Since he's such a good strategist it should be easy for him to figure out what would make her happy.

Dex-chan lover
Even with solder, heating up a key's worth of metal with only a fishbowl is some pretty intense sunlight.

That fishbowl itself is quality craftsmanship.

Holy crap I looked up the blue ore: it's Azurite for Chrysocollar(Goldsmith's Solder).

Dex-chan lover
Man this was a great chapter, though we did not really have a bad one as far I can remember.

Dex-chan lover
@eka23
The real inheritance is an alloy with low melting point, making it easy to work with,
The method to create it is by combining those 3 metals in proportion to the size of the box they're contained in

Dex-chan lover
Does a solder with a melting point that low really exist? Even focused sunlight only for a short time melting it seems really difficult.

Glad to see the next chapter, the manga is always a bit easier to understand in terms of the riddles.

Soldering with sun and a magnifier glass is possible, I think. CMIIW, but I don't think tin moulding using that technique is possible, at least if I compared it to modern solder wire. Once the tin get some small distance from the heat source, it just quickly change from liquid to solid, but not enough to get it into shape like that. If the mould is mounted vertical instead of horizontal, it might has a little better chance.

@Darklight99
Low temperature solders exist: https://www.indium.com/blog/a-guide-to-low-temperature-solder-alloys.php
One of the lowest temperature solder alloys is liquid at 43 ºC/109.4ºF.
There are many alloys that are eutectic, meaning that a fixed proportion of them melt below the melting point of their constituent metals or of any other mixture of them.

Dex-chan lover
the discoloration is square shaped though. wouldn't the discoloration from the fish bowl be circle?

Dex-chan lover
Glad to finally get an update. The manga is easier to understand than WN (though I believe this doesn't exist in WN. If my memory is right).

Users who are viewing this thread