I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain

"unique villainess' fantasy tale!"
Seriously? This is about the 9001st cookie cutter manga about reincarnating into a villainess fated to die tragically.

Group Leader
@JohnSmiththeAnon I don't choose the words, I just translate them 😂
Although it is a little unique, cause the MC is a villainess that faces....RACISM 8D

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Yayyy another isekai.

@JohnSmiththeAnon

Its unique(along with a few others) in that truck-san is innocent. Yaaaay.

Jokes aside, I think this is one of the first few ones in existence though so its more "no longer unique". Could be wrong since I didn't check but I found this story many years ago, left untranslated.

I've been waiting for the novel translation to update. Since there was only one volume, I figured it would have an adequate closure, but the wait has been nearly unbearable. I wonder if I'll end up getting to the end of the manga before the novel is finished. ;-;

It's so weird how all guy focused isekais focus on RPG game worlds, but all girl isekais instead focus on otome LNs. I seriously can't get over how there appears to be dozens or hundreds of authors in Japan so bereft of creative talent that they all just crib the exact same two ideas. This shit is the death of originality.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@ShdoopDoop

Happens mostly because of trend. What is popular over there would get targeted until the whole world melts over before it stops. Look at the chinese novels for one. They have been Wuxia-ing in both novels and drama (those old crappy laser effect series that occasionally plays on my television) ever since they made literature. They certainly haven't stop yet. Why? Because they love wuxia. On the other hand, Japan loves their otome game and rpg... which explains the sheer number of otome games suddenly on steam, RPG series like SAO, .hack, and somewhere in the middle like Neptunia.

Also, what do you mean guy focused isekai. Are you talking about MC or do you mean 'shounen/shoujo' in general. Cos Shounen is usually fighting and shoujo is usually cheesy romance hence this constant setting.

If it is just MC, we have Manowa, Fran(?), etc for girl protag RPG isekai. Then there is that blacksmith etc something for guy protag otome LN isekai.

I like some, I don't like some. The only constant is that I don't remember the names of the series (Only remembered Manowa because it updated like 2 hrs ago or something)

[Wish this gets updated, at least until the
punch and the smile
]

@Nep Guy focused as in...guy focused. The ones that are about guys who girls don't like ending up in fantasy land with, always, a "cheat ability" and a harem.

Yes!!! I've been reading the light novel. But the translator has not added any recent chapters.

For those who don't know her parents both work. The mother has resentment for her daughter because she got pregnant, by accident, and missed her promotion. They also ironically named her Sakura. Her mom and dad both fought daily. She stayed silent and passive. she also dies when she turned 15? or middle school age.

They also skipped her isekai mother. She was kept isolated and her isekai mother would only see her to breast feed.

She doesn't look dark skinned at all in the cove, more like the only non-albino around.

There's a lot of these Otome game isekai nowadays. Nice to know I've a new flavor of vileness isekai in great abundance.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@ShdoopDoop

Well there is Knights and Magic which doesn't end in a harem... yet... and the cheat ability is not really an 'ability'. Though I think it is more "The author wants to be riajuu but can't" moment.

Honestly though, most harem stories are trash. The only 'harem' I truly 'liked' was Hayate and Bakarina. And by like I mean the random gags in between and not the harem itself.

Dex-chan lover
@ShdoopDoop , there is not much meaning in being excessively weird when writing a story. If you're going to write Yet Another Story About A Guy Who Wins At Life, there is no particular meaning in making a terribly original setting. In fact, Generic RPG Fantasy Setting allows the reader to easily understand how your guy wins at life more than the other authors' guys.
Unless you have an interesting setting you want to share, using something familiar makes things easier for both the readers and the writer. Which allows one to spend more effort on things that actually matter, like romance or cool fights.

Dex-chan lover
@flannan "Reincartated in another world, but this time with pink bowtie" stories could be explained by "something easy to relate to" (i.e. i'm too lazy to write my own setting), if authors didn't contradict their own lazyness with writing confusing extra details anyway.
The sad thing is - majority of those things could be vastly improved because story could perfectly work without RPG/otome elements and reincarnation part. Well, that won't change the fact none of the isekais are improving with time, so it's only matter of how long initial drive lasts until it becomes unreadable. I think there could even be one or two that lasted till series completion.

Users who are viewing this thread