Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai: Kyou Kara Jiyuu na Shokunin Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

lol you are doing both concurrently? nice!!! whats the raw release schedule like for this? monthly? once every 2 weeks ?

WOLFRED IS REALLY CUTE, she barely knows him and they already have a better relationship than she ever did with the cheating piece of garbage, glad to see the difference in dynamics!
can't wait to see what happens when dahliya tells wolfred she's not a guy

Okay, I've read this one and I like it. Now, off to read the other version! (and I'll likely continue reading both if the other one is good too)

Group Leader
@TheViking5500 Wilts No More starts out earlier and details out events prior to Free Craftsman Life, but it catches up as of chapter 01-2, and then they'll be largely the same, so after that it'll be up to you which to read \o/

Contributor
Aw, he's adorable.

I'm surprised that QOL enchanted kitchen knives were invented before QOL enchanted swords, especially in this kind of setting. Anti rusting, sure, maybe they wouldn't think much of that, but perpetual sharpness would probably be useful. I guess if that happened, you can't brag about how you trained and fought so much, your sword has dulled into a club

Dex-chan lover
@Solistia Many thanks for doing both series concurrently, great seeing how her invention in her earlier life is used in all parts of society. Loving all of this!

Group Leader
@MonsieurQuack It felt like the most trolliest thing to do (doing both series at once), hence why I decided to do it 8D
And I really like that aspect too, where something gets briefly mentioned in FCL, but gets a whole chapter dedicated to its development in WNM. Sadly WNM catches up in 01-2, so we'll see how they differ from there.

Dex-chan lover
God, I hope he calls out to her when she's out of disguise. The awkward and fluster would be fantastic on all sides.

@Ceiye notice that she said anti-rust or ever-sharp. it's possible that the cost-benefit ratio isn't that great once you start stacking more than one enchant/effect on an item. Plus in some cases, the sharpness isn't going to be as beneficial as hardening, when used on creatures with hardened or carapaced bodies for instance. you'll get more mileage over breaking/crushing with the wedge aspect of the sword than slashing with the edge in that case. Plus a snapped blade isn't very useful no matter how sharp, so in a sense that is quality of life.

So, I've just now read the other adaptation and it covers Dahliya's younger years, when she was still studying and experimenting on the things she was mentioned here to have invented in the past. That version thus also takes place back when Tobias and Dahliya were still close and when her dad was still alive.

That's an interesting way to go about things. I'll keep reading both versions.

Spoilers for Wolfy from the WN
He manages to find her (and he's glad to find out Dahl was actually a woman; he was starting to doubt his sexuality lmao) and they have a meal together on the terrace of a cafe. Douchebag and his thieving cat run into her while he's inside to get something and when Wolf comes back, he senses the awkwardness and gives her the sickest burn to her ex of an out and they GTFO there. Dbag Plus One are flabbergasted that Dahlia not only looks like a fashionable single lady, but she's got a gallant hot stud with a fairly notable noble standing chilling with her. No exaggeration, Wolf has Magic Eyes of Mystic Sex or some shit and he's lost many friendships over women throwing themselves at him, that's how hot he is. Wolf and Dahlia become BFFs (no hetero) who drink lots of booze, eat lots tasty food, and geek out on magic tools. Also, What's-his-name slowly learns what a giant mistake he made and how big of an ass he is.

God, I cannot wait for this stuff to happen in the manga. Its gonna be delicious.

Dex-chan lover
@TheViking5500 Brutal honesty; The other one, Magic Artisan Dahliya Won't Hang Her Head ~Dahliya Wilts No More~. I'll keep reading both just in case, but the other one is honestly written better.

Dex-chan lover
Wolfred when he saw Dahl's(Dahlia's) smile, 'Am I turning gay?'

only 50,000 yen? ... she is stupid or what ...
she talks about it as if it already existed ...
you sell it to a pharmaceutical group for 1 billion without problems and in addition I'm sure you can negotiate a percentage/u
and only after that will be sold 50,000yen/u to the army, and then maybe later in the civil

Group Leader
Okay, i need to read this one after the seinen ver. from now on
the other version has Tobias with such kind and wholesome character in it and i need to cure my eyes with this version

That bit about Wolfred's sword was a bit confusing. Is the sword made from hardened monster leather and broke inside the same species monster? Then it said "of course it would break."

The difference between a kitchen knife and a sword makes sense. The knife is used daily and washed daily, but a sword made of animal chiton or bone is brittle (albeit cheaper if iron is of low supply) and used alot less frequently.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
And so Wolfred is now secretly a degenerate! (He took off his shirt in front of a woman). And Dahlia reminds me of Sophie Neuenmuller for some reason.

On a side note, I kind of prefer this over the other probably because Tobias pisses me off and the MC is going to go on her journey to be 'less cute'.

Here is me hoping for more regular updates for these 'production type' stories, however well its done. Violence is becoming quite boring these days (except that Mad Dog Princess. That was gratifying)

@kenkagejack His sword is made from monster hide (basically the common body part). He is using said weapon to kill/cut into a monster whose entire body is 'made' from the same material. In other words, its like trying to cut a thin layer of iron ore (plus fleshier insides) with an iron sword. Basically as the strength/durability of the weapon is similar to the creature, the weapon would most likely not outlast the creature.

@VladV Shouldn't you read the other one first then? I mean. if you read the other one later, you would not have anything left to cure your eyes with (except reading this a second time).

@Gauvain Probably a "translation error" or bad phrasing. Basically if there was an exchange rate for a common item e.g (Bread Yen vs Bread Other World Currency[OWC]) The potion would cost 50k yen.

Users who are viewing this thread