l7cen9prf0931.jpg

What are your thoughts on the drama?

Papa HH's twitter
Jacob's twitter

UPDATE:
EUVusI3.jpg

is a Reindeer
VIP
His plan to go legit was to offer a free service. Sure, that can be done with ads.

But to also contact Fakku because you want to become CrunchyRoll while knowing about Fakku's history... and then giving away the site without any form of contract :x
Doesn't seem like he had any plan at all. If he had thousands to pay to fansubbers, maybe he should've used it on a translator to contact hentai publishers themselves if he was actually interested in going legit? Seems to be how CrunchyRoll and Fakku did it themselves.

If he wasn't going to get kicked off now, it would've happened later. Fakku themselves said they were only interested in the community, not him.

Aggregator gang
A story of idiots and assholes. It was stupid from HH guy to be overly trusting and give up his site like that. And what Jacob did was obviously dickish.

That said, if "Papa HH" had managed to go legit on his own, he'd probably turned into a total asshole like Jacob. Seems to be pretty normal for piracy sites, who turn legit, to become moneygrabbing scumbags who don't give a single shit about anyone than themselves, least of all their own audience (see Crunchyroll).

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for explaining it. Sigh. Is there no one you can trust these days? Reminds me of Qidian

@Gian true it was stupid of him to blindly believe without even trying to get legal consultant or even try to find a alternative. And who knows? He might had turn like that, he might had not. We don't know his heart after all.

Does anyone know what future plans Papa HH has now? I'm curious to see if any other projects?

Miku best girl
Admin
FAKKU saw a competitor on the rise and nipped it in the bud. They're not exactly new to the use of controversial tactics to get ahead, lol.

At the same time, HH admin was an idiot to give control of his domain away without any written contracts in place, or before he had received any compensation.

Contributor
I try to take a unbiased view here. I believe PapaH is exaggerating somewhat and was way to naive and trusting. Fakku to me, while the endgoal was alright, how they got there was done so wrong.

I'm going to be patient and wait some more before I make my final judgement.

Edit: Maybe it's time for MangaDex to do something lol.

Damn, I wish PapaHH best of Luck. And that meme was just on point lmao. I am glad that I quitted Fakku early on. Man, the backstap IRL #feelsbad

Fed-Kun's army
The best answer to both of them should 'STFU you both money mongering bastard'

Dex-chan lover
What is HH? Like a hentai website or something?

Update: I just looked at the headline again.

Dex-chan lover
Admin was a fool for trusting someone with full ownership of the site without a way to get it back.
At the same time shame on the assholes who pulled such a devious move.

Dex-chan lover
Though a tragedy,
many memes were born that day,
in their finest hour.

n2v1u2k76x831.png

Users who are viewing this thread