Detective Conan - Vol. 98 Ch. 1038 - Show, Don't Hide

Dex-chan lover
Gosh, how many secret services Gosho want to involve in the manga ? Correct me if i'mwrong but didn't we already have CIA,FBI and i don't remember the one for Amuro.

OMFG another secret service goddamn Gosho it gets boring now. The BO seems like a fucking joke now having so many undercover agents without noticing. Also break till August 7th noooooo.

Group Leader
Gosh, how many secret services Gosho want to involve in the manga ? Correct me if i'mwrong but didn't we already have CIA,FBI and i don't remember the one for Amuro.

The FBI is not a secret service, neither is the Japanese PSB or the NPA Zero Division that Amuro works for. They are police agencies. We only have the CIA and MI6 on the intelligence agency side.

The BO seems like a fucking joke now having so many undercover agents without noticing

What has MI6 to do with undercover agents? They don't have any as far as we know.

"Hotel Bond Seven" how obvious can you get?

Shinichi lives in Baker City, District 2, Block 21 too, an obvious Sherlock Holmes reference, so... what did you expect? 😅

"THIS SUMMER!!!

NEW SPIN OFF!!!

SUPERVISED BY GOSHO AOYAMA!!!

LUNCHTIME AT THE AKAI HOUSEHOLD!!!

~~~~~~streaming on Bunch-a-rolls"

Another word for "domain" is "territory", which can be abbreviated "ter" and if we take out the "ter" from "sister", we get "sis"... In other words, the "Secret Intelligence Service"
Aoyama, you might feel proud of yourself right now for coming up with all of that, but I'm sorry to say, this is just gibberish.

@Nanaca Exactly my thoughts. 😅 Who even abbreviates "territory" to "ter"? Never have I heard such a thing, and I had to learn a lot of synonyms for territory-habitat-domain-etc. just to describe an animal's homestead in my workplace. It makes absolutely no sense. Unless it's some code word, but then again, how could Conan even know?! The NATO alphabet doesn't use it either, it's either Tango for the "t" or Vic-tor where the last syllable sounds kinda-maybe-plausibly-ish like it (with a wrong vowel, that is ...).

Well, it's not so much about the abbreviation, as it is about the simple calculation "sister - territory = sis". Besides, the SIS thing still works if you leave the whole territory stuff out :D

@nanaca
I really hope the wordplay is cleverer on the original Japanese, because yeah, the English translation version is nonsense.

@nanaca @Angie7 @dzamie

It is slightly more logical in Japanese, though without the raws, I don't know if Aoyama did it properly, and remains rather convoluted. The full Kanji rendering of "domain" would be "領域" which is synonymous with "territory." The full and proper Kanji rendering of "territory" is "領土" which, as you can see, is made up of two Kanji characters. However, the first character "領" can also mean "territory" by itself, is the common Kanji character of both words, and could be used as an abbreviation for "territory." Following this trend, shorten "teritori" (romaji rendering of the katakana equivalent of "territory") by half to get "teri." It still leaves a dangling "i" and, as stated, remains the sort of connection a schizo would come up with, but it makes more sense than just calling "ter" an abbreviation.

Dex-chan lover
One of the absolute worst conclusions/cases on the manga for sure, and it has some tough competition for that spot.

Aggregator gang
Every time I'm just so pissed off that Sera and her mum keep literally endangering not just themselves but everyone around them trying to find a cure. Sera is as subtle as a bulldozer and reckless af, please just stop.

Imagine how quickly so many things would be resolved if all our heroes just communicated with each other instead of sneaking around behind each others' backs 😂 But then, that wouldn't be very interesting storytelling!

It feels like years ago that Sera invited Conan to the hotel to bare all though... guess that's off the table now.

Users who are viewing this thread