Manga you hate

Dex-chan lover
Share and vent about series you really disliked/dropped for whatever reason.

Dex-chan lover
@zalagires
I wouldn't say I really hate those on principle, personally. All I get from them at most is either frustration or sadness. Either that, or they weren't very good to begin with and were axed for a good reason.

It takes a longer-running series to really get my anger boiling.

Ijousha no Ai. the story is all over the places it's just painful torture for the MC and side character. And also the MC IS A MASSIVE PUSSY COMPARE TO SHINJI FROM EVANGELION. He has no god damn spine, even when he does get one he reverts back to a pussy unable to do shit.

Pretty generic opinions

I reeaaaallly disliked 1-nen A-gumi no Monster but i still read through it so I couldn't have hated it. Felt like it was needlessly (edgy?) for no reason and I felt as if the author was projecting himself onto the teacher or something.

Hate all the new edgy revenge isekai where the MC is the shit version of Light Yagami and declares death on everyone. needless death and gore just for the sake of being epic

VIP
Personally, I just really couldn't really get into Platinum End.

I heard a lot about how the creators were enthusiastic about creating this manga because they had a lot more creative freedom to use more riské and adult content, and I was intrigued by this. I was aware that expectations might have been a bit overly high for this manga since it was coming from the creators of Death Note, and I tried to temper my expectations accordingly. But even so... But I feel like the creators of this series didn't really know how to use these new narrative tools effectively; so much of this "adult" stuff just came across as being edgy for the sake of being edgy, and didn't really add anything substantial to the story.

Like, oh wow, sex. Oh wow, nudes. Oh wow, gore. It's not that I have anything against this type of content; I think that if used well, it can really enhance a story. But in this story, it felt like all this stuff was just plastered on for the shock value and nothing else, so it all just felt rather pointless. In fact, the way all this content was being presented was really making me angry? I tried to force myself through it to get to the good psychological mind games strategies & tactics that I liked about Death Note, but even the strategies & tactics in Platinum End just kind of fell flat for me. I mean, that's not a deal-breaker, but the egregious and pointless shock-value content was really souring my mood when reading this series.

I dropped it after 20 chapters. Lowest manga score I've ever given, 2/10.

Dex-chan lover
Good ending

How I got past its 150+ chapters is beyond me. The mc was indecisive, plot went no where for ages, forced in drama, ect.
By far it was one of the series I can honestly say was a huge waste of time.

Fed-Kun's army
Bokurano and Narutaru, everything that guy writes is depressing as hell and makes you hate humanity.

I dropped soul land. All of it.
Was so exited for an actual adorable gay couple in an adventure setting that didn't devolve into smut after 2 pages.
But half of the couple turned out to be a girl enchanted to be a boy, to keep her safe or something.

Couldn't get into it again after knowing that.
It's not that I dislike reading about straight couples, it's more that the author willingly made it a central plot point and then just went jk they straight.

Contributor
I couldn't finish Bokura no Hentai. It was just too depressing. And this comes from someone that has no problem reading Bakaudon.

Dex-chan lover
Manga that focus on fanservice ecchi and still ongoing
I dont see any content .
The girls go blush and "kyah", ecchi stuff, clinging to protag, just about around the harem thingy.

Meanwhile reasonable, good manga get axed.

LIKE WHY??? IT JUST ABOUT KYAH AND BLUSH AND PANTIES AND KEEP GOING??

Im OK with s*x scence like berserk, but cant stand on ecchi genre, just...annoying
get on the story already!
I prefer fanservice like Claymore

Dex-chan lover
I really hate that cliche "MC dumps his old, boring, no-fun-allowed girlfriend for the quirky girl next door" romantic subplot. 90% of the time it's completely unwarranted, and the ex-'s only fault is "you're just so boring/naggy". To make matters worse, both the author and the rest of the cast usually joins in on the public shaming of this poor character that did virtually nothing wrong. Shit like that makes me livid. Thankfully it's not very common in manga, but seeing it crop up in Reiroukan almost resulted in an insta-drop from me, despite how much I like the author's other works like Stravaganza.

Gal Cleaning. Literally went from pantiless gal ditz to full blown rape.

Also:

Potion Danomi de Ikinobimasu!

MC is a complete unlikable asshole who's an extreme hypocrite. "I'll not let these people do this because they'll use it for war". Except, she ends up doing it herself eventually.

I did not expect anyone to be the same as me, ununseti! Platinum End is indeed a disappointment.
The drama, actually, slightly reminded me of the Death Note which included humanity emotions and fate, but was too edgy to read.

Then, Nanoka no Kare, Koi to Uso, and circles that have the concept of brashness in a relationship. It might be different, but it's too depressed. I'm not quite picky, but there should be something that can make you endure to like it and not just show each other less teachings so that everyone ends up being victimized by their own ignorance. I also don't like kind of Kurosaki-kun no Iinari ni Nante Iranai with strong misogyny and shows how love can be something stupid to blind them.
From these two fields, I don't like stories that develop with excitement for the sake of tension. Or the worse, because of it's popularity and their addictive bastard characters. A fanatical urge for something too dreamy.

The recycling in Isekai which also made me never interested in trying them. A trend, and shoujo follow up too --well, then, I don't think it makes any difference if you read a Harlequin novel. Then about sex, rape. I admit I read some smut but it never gave me space to enjoy it in terms of sexuality. Not a priority at all.

I can no longer be specific. Sometimes I don't like the main character who is too stupid, but if the mood development is adjusted to be comfortable to follow, sometimes it removes other unpleasant aspects. Still there are things that must be considered so they can shape the quality of the story itself.

pretty much the only one that comes to mind (and also the easiest target for this thread) is gal cleaning. perhaps the worst tonal shift i've ever read in a manga, both in terms of the subject matter and how it was presented, following a complete abandonment of the premise in the effing title. somehow managed to wade through all the chapters but it pushed my patience to the limit.

i liked it well enough before its endless eight began so i'm hoping it got axed in the wake of other titles like anjou-san and gal gohan - give the author some time off and a new project.

Dex-chan lover
@goodie-bag @ItsQuote
Gal Cleaning
Try as I might, I just can't hate this series: the three chapter deadline the author was given to wrap up resulting in a 13 chapter-long Chapter 8 and 9; a third of those chapters being an out of place rape scene; the author seemingly vanishing off the face of the Earth after his meltdown; the fact that it's all taking place in an otherwise laughably generic gyaru cash-in. It's unintentional comedy gold.

The whole matter is just so absurd, and I'm personally glad it happened. I doubt this series would even be remembered if not for it, so the author definitely succeeded at something there.

@PantsMan

I always thought gal jokes lacked substance in the first place but at the start Gal Cleaning was just cheesy enough to be likable. But yeah, it's like the author's brain had a spontaneous meltdown when it exploded into what it did.

Another one that came to mind is Sword Art Online - Fairy Dance. It's got a ton of unexplained content and the whole idea of the story is very poorly executed. I just couldn't bring myself to read more than one volume.

Dex-chan lover
The worst manga I've read, by far, is Rokudou no Onnotachi.

The manga is about a wimpy protagonist with a curse that makes "bad girls" fall in love with him. He can literally bang any hot girl he wants so long as she has daddy issues, yet he's too much of a nice guy to do it! I can't believe that the protagonist doesn't have any perverted thoughts. It's so unrealistic!

What's worse is that he wants to have a "happy normal school life," and doesn't like being the strongest and coolest kid in his school. Again, so unrealistic! If that was me, I'd totally like being the strongest and coolest kid in school that gets to bang all the bad girls.

If you don't want to waste your time reading this trash, check out my reading list for the top 25 best isekai harem series with some real main characters that are cool and strong and have sex with their harem girls! 😤

I'd rate it 0/10, but stupid mangadex staff won't listen to me (they're such beta snowflakes), so I rate this 1/10.

Users who are viewing this thread