Mousou Telepathy - Vol. 7 Ch. 660 - Notification

@ssholes, @ssholes everywhere ... nothing like a manga exam day, with the whole "make everyone worse if possible instead of me trying my best" thing we see so much times around in Japanese media. Never quite understood that, tbh ... ( and yes , I've done finals before )

Remember fellas, nothing gets your girl ready to face a big test like some good old fashioned Phallus Photography

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1
When results aren't based on how well you did, but how well you did compared to the rest instead, you hope everyone else does shit. Not sure what's confusing about that.

Dex-chan lover
@GoblinGuy
yeah, not like everyone can enter the same uni

for everyone who doesn't know, it's exam to enter uni, not exam to graduate high school. the result is based on different things, to graduate high school you just need to pass certain margin, to enter uni the results are based on how you did compared to the rest, the best ones can enter

@GoblinGuy

It is still not understandable IMHO ( while if it is a natural human reaction or not might be a better argument ). You are losing time and energy wishing for someting to go wrong with others instead of using that same time and energy trying to make your results better.

Probably my experience is slightly diferent from Japanese reality, but my IRL experience for uni exams was far diferent ...

MD@Home
@GoblinGuy

We have a similar system here in Hungary, but the mindset of wishing that others would perform poorly is nonetheless frowned upon.
It doesn't make much sense either; you can't expect every single examinee to perform poorly. Might as well strive to do your best instead. :)

@mage_goo

It costs time and your own concentration in the exam ... the thing you are suposed to be worried about in the first place ;)

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1 what, u go around 100 shrines hoping everyone else dies in a car accident or something?
it takes as much time and concentration as noticing someone in your field of vision moves
and having reassurance actually helps you concentrates, no?

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1
They're just about to write the exam, he doesn't have time to study now. He's not wishing others doing worse instead of trying to be better himself, he's doing it on top of studying.
Also, as others have mentioned, in the system used in uni entrance, just your own ability alone is not all that matters, so others doing worse is beneficial to you, even if you did well one way or another.

@primrosea : yeah, but it's nationwide, so the performance of those around you will be mostly irrelevant to your own final ranking.

Dex-chan lover
Forgetting to turn off my phone before an exam is one of deepest fears.

@Askorti

Again, they could be doing anything else ... say, like organizing their stuff, tucking their chair to a confortable position, mentally reviewing the studied subjects, preparing their clock ... stuff that would materially help in the exam. Wishing evil onto others does not.

And, as I hinted above ( should had been more clear ), even in a highly competitive enviroment ( and , as someone that aimed ( and got ) to enter a uni course that had literally a vacancy for a million pop, I actually know the situation of the manga better than I wanted to ), your efforts are always more useful in bettering your position even in minute ways than on doing damage to others ... especially if that damage is mostly imaginary.

Dex-chan lover
@Enyss
well yes it's nationwide, but they can be the only one from that particular place to managed to enter if the others are failed XD

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1 Uh, dude, no offense or anything, but you're blowing this waaaay out of proportion. He's not "wishing evil" on her or "doing damage" to her or any other overly dramatic adjective you can think of. He saw she looked pale and basically thought "sucks to be her, but that's one less person I have to fight for a spot". That's it. It's an idle thought that sympathizes with her, but is looking at things positively for the thinker, and probably took half a second from start to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread