Tensei Ouji wa Daraketai - Vol. 2 Ch. 17

Reminds me of Chiffon from Tensei Shichattayo (Iya, Gomen) circumstances. assassin turned servant

Dex-chan lover
yea who cares about consequences anyway? tried to murder a princess to cause a massive war between nations? that's ok buddy, we all make mistakes.

so we're going with kids show morality and logic then? where everyone no matter what they do will always be forgiven and turn out to be a nice teddy bear on the inside once you get to know them?

Dex-chan lover
This guy...really... this guy has the best ideas ever!

That one is an assasin. hmmm...I want him to handle my breakfast.

Aggregator gang
@Doomer MC wishing the assassin to not go through a horrible fate is just in character. Standing by and do nothing will be a break in character. MC is a goody two shoes and that has been established since day one. Don't tell me you didn't expect this outcome.

Dex-chan lover
It’s pretty naive, but he does have an extremely powerful beast and fairy companion, so it’s not like batboy can do anything.
Also reminds me Latifa from Seirei Gensouki. Beastfolk/Demihumans would make pretty good assasssins, all things considered.

Double-page supporter
I should've seen that "I'm Batman" joke coming, I laughed way too much at that.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeh, it just wouldnt fit the character if he wouldnt try to "save" him, the char like it is established has to do that... o_O dont see the problem here :eek:

Dex-chan lover
@hikufalafel doesn't matter, this goes beyond what MC should be able to do. this was an assassination on a princess in an act to cause a giant war between 2 nations which would result in who knows how many deaths... i don't care how much of a innocent little goody two shoes MC is he shouldn't be allowed to make any decision in this, at best he should be allowed to plead to the assassin to get life in prison instead of execution.

Dex-chan lover
Wolf face on last (story) page: Yup, I saw this coming.

And anyone who thinks Phil is being naive, is in turn being naive. Let's see the ways he can potentially benefit from this:
1) Gains a new bodyguard, and more importantly the bodyguard's extremely useful fairies.
2) Gains favor with beastfolk. Anyone who bothers to pay attention to politics knows that it's useful to gain the favor of the disenfranchised. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if this is a setup for Phil eventually getting his own barony or county that he can populate with beastfolk loyalists.
3) Gains political favor with the Nahal royal family by having the ability to use batboy to track down the mastermind of the assassination plot.
4) The mastermind is almost guaranteed to be a member of the royal family, a Nahal duke, or a Nahal warhawk general, meaning flushing him out gains Phil even more political favor by dealing with a major threat to the royal family.

And no, batboy did not try to start a massive war between kingdoms. His employer did. He's too naive to do something like that. An assassin that intentionally tried to start a war would already know their employer would want to silence them.

Dex-chan lover
@CelticMutt
Nah, Phil has been very naive and carefree from the get-go. While what you said is likely to come to pass, Phil has always been one to act on impulse. His high status helps smooth things over. It’s how he formed a contract with a dangerous beast (Dialos/Kokuyou), how he rescued, hatched, and named Hisui, snuck out of the palace and dealt with asshole trade merchant and son, helped klutz maid’s daughter, the whole rainbow debacle, etc...
Only just recently are we seeing him having to realize that these things have long-lasting consequences. Like possibly being engaged.

Dex-chan lover
As a man I'm in tandem with Phil in meeting the beastman people.

The fairies considered him trustworthy. I think that's what Phil based his idea on. Fairies don't interact with inherently evil people. :^(

Dex-chan lover
@Sep10trion I'm not saying he put any forethought into it, or wants to help the kid because of the stuff I listed. He did it because he's a furry fetishist. I'm just saying that even if he's naive, what he did isn't necessarily naive.

Users who are viewing this thread