My Husband Is a Housewife

Dex-chan lover
Househusband manga? Now that's new.

Also, people tend to look down on househusbands. Like, I'd be okay with being a househusband. I already enjoy doing chores, cooking and gardening.

Househusbands for the win!

Dex-chan lover
A weird semi gay gender reversal plot going on. But fluff enough.

Group Leader
I'm ok with househusband. What I'm not is making the husband act girly/effeminate.

Contributor
Some people baffle me. No, he's not "gay", or he wouldn't be so damn head-over-heels in love and puppy-dog excited about being some lady's husband. (Could easily be bi, of course.)

Find better words.

In the meantime, this is adorable. What it lacks in subtlety it makes up for in cuteness. Although, the author didn't really have anything grand to say, it seems (and despite some not-clear-if-joking hints of declaring gender fluidity on his part), this feels mostly just mindless good fun and fluff so far.

It's been getting better as it goes on, though, I feel—it felt just a little awkward at first but as time goes on it's settled into something quite comfy and wholesome.

Banned
>househusband but kinda effeminate, likes pink, and bakes.
"Ew gross, cringe and gay!"

>Bread winner wife who acts cool, tough and stoic.
"Wow empowering, you go girl! Waifu material"

So,
Character diversity in females: can be all of the above without prejudice

Character diversity in males: must only be tough and cool!!! Or otherwise you're labeled gay, or called an "egg". You're sexuality/gender is always questioned.

Society is a joke

The author is breaking the norms of society towards men, which is a good thing because, society is a bitch to gender expectation.

Users who are viewing this thread