Noble Witches - 506th Joint Fighter Wing - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Noble Witches

VIP
>Show Lynne and Perrine only to guide them
My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.
thank you for your hard work

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter!

Are you sure the date on page 41 is correct? March 1944 would be before Gallia was liberated which is the entire basis for this spinoff.

Group Leader
@ilikepi31415, Positive, at least that's what the raw japanese text says, so it's what we have maintained. They don't make a lot of clear indication in this manga about the status of Gallia's liberation, though it is true the 506th's formation deals heavily with the restructuring of Gallia. I'm not really sure how it all plays into the canon, but I assure you we've got the dates correctly translated (they are typed in regular numbers, so it's foolproof). My translator is a little confused too but seems to think there may have been a slight shift in the canon as to when the 506th is formed. Its possible their earlier formation would be to help eradicate the neuroi and then do the cleanup later. I'll have to some looking into it. For now just take anything with a grain of salt.

Double-page supporter
@krudmuphin
Hmm, alright. When they had been mentioning March the past few chapters I just assumed 1945 as that would make the most sense. But something is definitely funky. Either the LN author messed up or something changed.

It's made pretty clear to me that this was meant to take place after S1. Erica and Trude mention that Minna would be alone back at base without Heidemarie, which makes no sense unless it's when they were at St. Trond, and Perrine only focused on rebuilding in person after S1.

At the same time S1 is mentioned in multiple places as taking place in 1944, and episode 6 takes place in August 1944 as it's Sanya and Miyafuji's birthday.

From what I understand this isn't the only conflicting date in Noble Witches. Later volumes have dates inconsistent with the movie such as the Venetian boat race with Lucchini and Shirley.

Page 13: You got it spelled as fininsh.
Page 29: Got an its that needs to be it's, bottom-center.
Page 31: All right, I can't rib you too much for this one because I see this mix-up frequently, but you don't sew seeds, you sow them.

504th hype is real.

@ilikepi31415

506 have been around since season 1 I guess. Just like St. Trond can have a base when it's extremely close to Germany, Sedan and Dijon might be the only safe place in Gallia too.

Reminder that 506 also makes an appearance in the movie, so you're right. 506 were formed in between season 1 and 2

Group Leader
@MixmasterValtiel, Updated, thank you. Sounds like i need you on my editing team....

504th Manga is our next project. Our scans aren't the cleanest, but at least we can finally get 2nd and 3rd volume translations out for the people who've been waiting so many years for them (including me)

VIP
@MixmasterValtiel The witches love is alive and will never die.
506 is done.
504 is next thanks to @krudmuphin
And I'm rereleasing Kimi to Tsunagaru Sora with uncensored raws and better quality.

We have idol witches for 2020 and season 3 for 2021.

Double-page supporter
@Duckiedoggo

We've seen Paris, Marseille, and other big cities in the last few chapters. There's no way that Sedan and Dijon are the only safe places in Gallia. The first chapter even mentions that the 506th was formed after the liberation of Gallia, and whether that means the start of the manga/LN or the foundation ceremony this chapter it doesn't add up.

It is my opinion that Noble Witches got the timeline wrong and it wasn't a retcon of any sort. The first Noble Witches Novel came out in 2015, but in 2016 Brave witches confirms the timeline as previously established with Gallia being liberated in late 1944.

Edit: Digging through my copy of the LN it seems like the manga simply printed the year wrong. The Volume 3 "intermission" before Chapter 3 sets the year as 1945, and later on during the Keera chase it sets the month and day as March 22. Anyways, thanks again to you folks for TLing another small piece of the Witching World. Can't wait for the Pantaloni Rossi!

Group Leader
I think the more important question here is why a witch would be embarrassed by the equivalent of a skirt flip.

Group Leader
@ilikepi31415 Good eye, excellent sleuthing skills! I shamefully admit, I don't pay close attention to the dates in basically any parts of the franchise, so long as I understand the gist of the time period. Neither I, nor my translator or team of editors noticed the discrepancy either, which is understandable when doing 1 chapter a week for nearly 20 weeks and glossing over small details like that. It's looking more possible to be an error from the official source material - quite shocking. We could change it to reflect what would make more sense chronologically, though best to leave it matching the officials at this point. Unfortunately when manga is uploaded to online readers, its quickly ripped by bots and reuploaded all over the internet on other host websites, so the damage is most likely already done. I'll keep it as a note for future reference that we need to be paying closer attention to dates in these books, because apparently not even the original writers can be trusted, lol

Double-page supporter
@krudmuphin

Thanks for replying. All this sleuthing was more or less for my own sake, I enjoy knowing the timeframe of events so I can place it with what other characters are doing concurrently. And as for conflicts in the source material, as much as they irk me sometimes it's really hard to avoid them in a decade long multimedia project like this. Dates get lost, things get retconed, new artists take over and put their own spin on things. Take familiars for example. There's several conflicting ways they're portrayed, and that's something that just comes with the territory for me.

@krudmuphin
Tempting as the idea may be, my job keeps me pretty busy, so I don't know if I'd be able to help out with any regularity. I think I'll just stick to tapping you on the shoulder in the comments sections.

Users who are viewing this thread