Sayonara Peter Pan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Juvenile Circle

Fed-Kun's army
The only thing I can predict from this chapter is that Mr. best friend is a cannon fodder.

Dex-chan lover
I thought the lie was going to be something else. But I love when these twists happen.

most of the time i'm pretty good at predicting plot twists.

this one ran up from behind and suplexed my ass straight onto the floor before i even heard the footsteps.

Dex-chan lover
I predicted the twist, yet the twist still shocked me.

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie, I expected a coming-of-age story but instead I got Jack and the Ratatouille Beanstalk of Death.

Dex-chan lover
A first chapter like this usually warrants a horror tag.

Obviously the male childhood friend dies but the female one doesn't... Why ? Because she is in love and is our fanservice device.

Dex-chan lover
I thought this was gonna be some intricate dystopia on how jobs and adult life is anxiety-inducing and whatnot.

But then some giant hand comes out to kill the ants and this becomes an action mango with more literal take lmfao.

i expected a coming of age story and instead got an allegory for a coming of age story. who'd'a thought

Double-page supporter
I thought they'd turn into chickens and eat people. coooookadoooodllllleeeeedoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Start of the chapter me: is this “The Promised Neverland?”
End of the chapter me: is this “Attack on Titan?”

RIP glasses friend. He gave us the exposition then was literally crushed by the author's hand after serving his purpose.

Thankfully I entered this manga aware of the twist, but the tone shift is so awkward and dramatic that this first chapter is actually kind of funny in a twisted way. Excited to see where this series goes.

@nikana you're suggestion sounds like it would be a much more serious, relatable, and moving series lol.

WHAT-----

what's up with these Peter Pan-related manga being so dystopian

first, The Promised Neverland
then Sayonara Peter Pan.

what's next? Bye Bye Wendy? We are the Lost Boys? The Rise of Hook?

@Anra7777 lol yeah, it's like a cyberpunk combination of the two

Users who are viewing this thread