Piemageddon: Pie a Mod in the Face!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Hot on the heels of the Get Animated contest comes something that we've never seen on MangDex before: Pies!

Very soon after Discord released its Server Boosting feature, 26 awesome people boosted us, earning a special role on our Discord and getting us all the way to Level 2, which features:

8mgZqOm.png

Level 2 is pretty great but look at all the goodies on Level 3! I'm pretty sure with your help, we can get to Level 3 in no time. But we aren't expecting you to do this *just* out of the kindness of your hearts. We're offering a once in a lifetime opportunity: a chance to Pie your friendly neighborhood Zephyrus in the face!

From the date of this post until midnight of July 31st, Eastern Standard time, for every person that boosts our Discord, I will film myself getting pied in the face and then release that film for MD's viewing pleasure. And to personalize the experience, I will read off the Discord screen names of each booster before applying a whipped cream pie rather forcefully to my face. Note that the boosts must last until July 31st. We don't count one-off boosts!

That's right, not only will I reveal my true form (I'm not really an old man or a giant Tachikoma) you'll get an opportunity to sock it to me, if only by proxy.

You can find the instructions on how to boost our server here: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028038352-Server-Boosting-

What are you waiting for? Get to boosting!

MD@Home
Not to ruin the mood or anything, but I sadly tend to find Discord boosters getting all the attention for a feature that doesn't profit to MangaDex directly. While in the meantime, donators and supporters are put aside not even mentioned for a penny (Or at a minimum with what seems to be the motto : A fucking status!).

So in regards of the little consideration we currently have as a group : Could we at least Pie Zephyrus's face for each 5€/$ donated or something?
You'll be kind.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Cybernatus
I can reveal that we *are* actively working on donator goodies. @Holo put in some work while he was on his trip to China and other developers are pitching in when they can. We hope to be able to launch them soon!

If you take a look at any staff member's profile you'll see that one of several features, the supporter badge, is nearly ready! We just need to add a few tweaks to make sure it's working before we launch it.

MD@Home
@Zephyrus Claps and kiddos for the features :3.
I'm not supporting MangaDex for the pleasure of having special treatment or anything, which would just be plain stupid, but please understand it feels a bit disappointing to be at my place knowing you are directely supporting a website you like much and not be involved in special "Samaritain" events like this one. Okay, I totally agree it's the pinnacle of the non-lucrative kind, but why should we be put aside when you're offering yourself in a show-off and great possibility to throw pies at once?

Or shall we do the same, but with Plykia as our representative candidate? =3

Dex-chan lover
Funny but I would much rather see that pie get eaten. :)

I mean... its pie.

Nobody:

Mods: Lets get a community together on a pirate site, yay!

idk just kinda strange to me, people come here to read manga not to be part of a community.

Dex-chan lover
@Zephyrus You, Sir, are an evil genius!
Being able to cash so shamelessly on all the recent drama... Well played! Well played indeed!
*slow clap*

🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread