Adachi to Shimamura - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Adachi Question

Fed-Kun's army
Nice! an update for the LN yesterday and one for the new manga today~
Thanks a lot for the AdaShima updates!
Adachi was so cute in those last panels~

Dex-chan lover
OoooHhh that was sweet! hmm, I don't recall a scene like the last one in the previous one... well, whatever the case I'm glad that this is getting a second chance, I'm already loving the art style because of how cute Adachi looks, thanks for the update!

Dex-chan lover
@Kanami-chan
Depending in what country, for example in Canada it's illegal like any other European countries, and a bunch more in Asia
Japan in the other hand... No.. as in i couldn't find it (if someone do find it please let me know) but knowing japan whale "research" im not surprised.

Dex-chan lover
@NichiYouji_ It's adapting the same novel, but with a new mangaka who's making different creative decisions. The other manga ran and got cancelled a few years ago, this is a new manga to help drive interest in the new novels.

Dex-chan lover
@NichiYouji_
I would expect it to be be closer to the new one in tone, yeah - although we don't know who's actually making it yet, which'll obviously matter a whole lot in terms of what it tries to do or how well it does it.

Double-page supporter
Does anyone know how the other adaptation ended?

Also, reliving this with the inner dialogue was quite painful, I really like the tone this one has been setting but I grew way to attached to the other drawing style.

Anyway, thanks for the update.

Fed-Kun's army
@Epsilon04. I don't know how it actually ends, but going by the table of contents of the second volume from both the LN and the first manga, the last chapter of the later "White Album" is the third-to-last chapter in the former, so I am gonna guess that the third and final volume of the 4-koma manages to adapt aorund half of the third LN volume, probably the final chapter will have a similar emotional development to the Karaoke chapter to try and give a bit of closure, whatactually happenes I don't know yet ^^;

Tbh I enjoy this a lot more than the other one which is just 20 pages a chapter of inner monologue and the occasional cock blocking 'alien'.

@akole
Except those inner monologues actually made the characters who they are and that clitblocking alien contributed to the character development by making Adachi thirstier. And now she's gone. Fitting for an inferior adaptation.

Double-page supporter
Again, this is so much better than the original. So far...
@NoNeimus Except it doesn't. Both versions have lots of monologue, but these ones feel more like the thoughts of high school girls while the other one feels like the author trying to characterize the two MC's according to the obsessions of geek culture.
This one is showing us the characters as they really are instead of trying to create two characters according to misogynistic conventions.
Obviously there are some of those conventions in this story too: Shimamura seems more independent and Adachi seems more insecure and has no friends. But it's less grating than in the original.
And part of Adachi's worries is obviously because she is falling in love first.
The art is cuter too. Reminds me of Nakatani Nio.

Dex-chan lover
@NoNeimus Everybody got their own tastes. I quite like the faster path because the other one was good but with all the inner monologues feel more like it was just the light novel but with pictures. Also nobody say we can't have someone acting like the little girl.

Dex-chan lover
Need more yuri where girl spends more time fighting her gay thoughts. Please recommend if you know any...

Users who are viewing this thread