Kaguya-sama wo Kataritai - Vol. 2 Ch. 44 - We Want to Talk About the Relationship of Those Two

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan I'm sure there's somebody out there who does, despite repeated chapters emphasizing how she (1) has had zero romantic interests throughout the series [except maybe now Hayasaka lol], and (2) sees Shirogane as someone she respects at best, and a needy child at worst.

He might have been her type at first, but after all that's happened she's completely disillusioned with him (and is severely re-evaluating what she looks for in a romantic partner).

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't go so far as to say I ship them, but I do find them to be a good couple if things would ever go that way (which they probably won't). With Kaguya, there's a mountain of issues to be worked through on both sides for their romance to work. Fujiwara is almost the opposite.

I would more chalk this up to Akasaka-sensei being good at writing opposite sex friendships, but there's a really nice compatibility between Miyuki & Fujiwara and Kaguya & Ishigami.

Prez's whole problem is that he can't be his flawed, undignified self around other people. Because Fujiwara is who she is, he's actually able to drop that facade around her. Moreover, because he hits her strong maternal instincts, she actively joins in his struggles every time, and I think having someone join in his struggles is a new experience for him.

On the flipside, there's Kaguya and Ishigami. Kaguya is always on about how she wishes she was kinder and more so than with Miyuki, which is more a relationship of admiration, Ishigami brings out her kindness like no other. Meanwhile, for the first time in probably years, Ishigami has someone like Kaguya put their faith in him, and for the first time in at least as long, he feels pride and shame. Above all else, Ishigami lacks confidence, and Kaguya is bringing that back out of him.

Technically, both Fujiwara/Shirogane and Kaguya/Ishigami could work, in some alternative universe, but Kaguya and Shirogane were made for each other, its too good of a ship.

Dex-chan lover
@Radicool21 Hayasaka? Lol, I thought for a long time that Chika has something for Kaguya, although it was still fairly small and too speculative. For example, the chapter where she chose a few lilies as a sign of her "friendly love" for her. I know about Class S stuff and that lilies also mean the purity of relationships between girls, but it was still too suspicious. In any case, I personally prefer ship Ishigami either with her or with Hayasaka.

Users who are viewing this thread