Okaa-san (10) to Boku. - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

Group Leader
The mc is just normal grade schooler with his mom and aunt fawning over him. Except for the "mom turned loli" part, I pretty much experienced what this guy have back in grade school. Go for shopping with my mom was also daily activity back then. And no one gave a shit at wearing underwear in front of a grade schooler too, and I also didn't care about some old hag underwear (back then even highschooler was old hag in my mind). You can see Haru doesnt give a shit to what his auntie and mom wear lol.

This only looks incest if you see it that way. Just wholesome daily series with the fanservice aimed towards the reader more than for the MC, at least for me...

Dex-chan lover
Are they going to get to plot point where they explain why the mom regressed to 10 years old?

Double-page supporter
Jesus chill out you're turning casual conversation into formal debate for no reason

Group Leader
@givemersspls

Some stories just go with it without any explanation.
Like Kyoko-chan (https://mangadex.org/title/12900/fudatsuki-no-kyoko-chan) it's never explained on how he got a Jiangshi sister. It's pretty common for comedy and slice of life IMO.

1. INCEST
Well, first of all, girls mature faster. Back in elementary school the girls was all about dating boys, while the boys just wanna play their Tamiya. And... Nothing weird. Her crush, who supposedly only lives with his mother, suddenly live with someone their age, and he obviously hiding and lying about some stuffs. So I cant see what's the incest part here. Forget her, if my own friend suddenly had cute girl living in his house outta nowhere we would tease him for it.

2. MALE FRIENDS
Do you know the term of "side character"? The main story here is about the daily life of him and his mother. It's just like Dekisugi in Doraemon. Dude is the main love rival of Nobita and barely appears, but he is still there. And yes, my male friend would be, in your term, 'extremely marginalized' when they are not related to my business! Why the hell would my male friends popped outta nowhere when I'm shopping with my mom for example? You want 1 volume of him playing with his male friends? His male friends appeared pretty much in all school scene.

3. CHERRY PICKING
Anyone can see you're the one cherry picking. I explained it as a whole in simple sentence. Which is "this is pretty normal grade schooler life except for the part his mom turned his age".

Group Leader
@givemersspls Pretty sure that's the joke, that hidaka see's haru's mom as a rival in love simply from all the motherly things she does to him, not knowing the real context (that she literally is his mom lol).

Kinda brings to mind that idea of how guys are apparently attracted to girls resembling their mothers in personality.

But yeah, is this story rife with incestuous undertones? Sure, though you'd probably have to get pretty Freudian about it in which case EVERYTHING is suddenly seen as a repressed sexual urge lawl

But yeah I mean I imagine some of the appeal is in that, though I think it's appealing more towards just wanting to be pampered as a kid again.

Group Leader
@Ganchachos lol, it's alright, I'm having fun discussing chapters even though it's about something stupid,

@givemersspls ...did you skip chapters? I'm pretty sure the male friends appeared for like half the chapter in chapter 5. "Author feelings" made me chuckled. Good one. 'Please tell what the author meant by the curtain is red'. Good old high school literature class lol.

Double-page supporter
See thicc loli

Screen_Shot_2018-03-30_at_11.34.27_AM.jpg

VIP
i tough you are on slander loli side translator. you are traitor!

Users who are viewing this thread