Song of the Long March - Ch. 61

I'm kinda unsatisfied with the ending :/
It started out as an interesting premise, but the second half of the story led to nowhere

This wasn't meant to be the end, though currently is is the end. the author had disputes with the company she published this story under, and she doesn't have the rights to it or something like that. Right now, it is on indefinite hiatus, technically.

@ Ladygraphycal

What pity that this story won't be finished due to publisher issues.

Fed-Kun's army
@Tammy Indefinite hiatus?! Argh. Just finished reading this today and I am so disappointed.

Fed-Kun's army
Just read about the issues that caused the hiatus on (inukaka.tumblr.com/post/154476574458/the-production-of-song-of-the-long-marchchang-ge) and it's heartbreaking for the mangaka to be mistreated this way.

Reading on the author's troubles is simply... enraging. Dang, I'm filled with edgy thoughts for the publisher.

Now that I've read what happened to our amazing, wonderful Xia Da. I'm simply infuriated. That scummy studio head should be punished!

I came to the story by chance yesterday and I just couldn’t stop reading.

First of all thanks for the translations of this masterpiece !!! It’s really a pity that this story couldn’t be finished, it’s a pity it hasn’t that much of attention. It is truly a masterpiece considering all the circumstances. The author is absolutely brilliant and I’m glad she did not stop creating beautiful arts and stories.
Thank you so much - maybe we will find out how this story ended, I truly wish for a happy ending, but I think our heroine had sacrificed herself for the greater good as she chose her final path to the unification of all countries and their prosperity!

😭

This is sooooo good! I’m hoping one day the contract issues will expire and Xia Da will feel compelled to finish the story. I can’t recall ever reading anything this beautiful, sophisticated, and engaging. Thank you so much, Xia Da, this will always be one of my favorite works of art!!

Daaaaannnggg... I forgot to read the comments before reading this 🙁
Damnit! 😩
I just have to make my own ending now, don't I ?!
OK! Here it goes!!!😤
-She went with the empire's envoy to save both her mom's tribe and Ah-sun, and Tang people's prosperity
-Became a princess in the palace but as a prison under the eye of her uncle( bec her uncle still cares for her as a daughter)
- Her white haired uncle and Ah-sun learned that she won't be coming back- permanently!
- They get mad! real mad. 😠
-Uncle White hair made decision to help Ah-sun to get his army and join forces to get back princess ( bec he doesn't want to repeat the past when he can't save his sister, and his mom will be sad)
- Ah-sun agrees of course with a raging "Let's go get my princess back!"
- Along with other tribes that they made friends along the way
- Ah-sun and uncle White along with the Khan's soldiers ( They overpowerde the khan and little khan along the way. Don't ask me the details, this is my ending) and other tribe charges at the empire when they didn't agree to the terms and conditions to set her free.
- Uncle Emperor still don't want to let her go bec of the prophecy, but they were no match with the raging uncle White's and Ah-sun's rage.
- Princess realized she can never have her old life back at the palace and was happy to see Ah-sun again.
-They got her back but her health became worse while in the palace.
-She was back at uncle White's tribe and Ah-sun promised to come back after taking care of some khan matters ( bec he wants to find a better place before asking for her hand in marriage)
- Princess hid the fact that she's nearing her death, and made efforts to keep her promise to old Quin.
- A surveillance spy allarmed Ah-sun that princess don't look good, and after months of settings up their new to be home he goes to ask her hand in marriage
- Princess was happy to learn that Ah-sun loves her but didn't respond well cause she knows she gonna die soon. So she said she was unwilling. Ah- sun was heart broken while uncle White was happy
- Princess can no longer hide the fact that she's nearing her death alarmed uncle White, thus uncle white gave up and can no longer stop the urge to give her to Ah-sun ( bec he knows how she feels about ah-sun as well)
- While unconscious, uncle White sends her to Ah-sun with a letter explaining that princess loves her as well and also she has lesser time left.
- Princess wakes up to Ah-suns sleeping face in front of her. He wakes up and they have long heartbreaking talk. They say their love to each other, princess can no longer hide.
- They wed, and was happy. After a year she had beautiful baby girl with blond curls with her dads eyes...but her body became weaker. Knowing she's nearing her end she reminds Ah-sun of the promises he made before she left the palace.
- She tells him he made her life worthy to live and that she loves him. Ah-sun tells her she's his home and kissed her.
- You knew this was going to to be a tragic story noh?

Dex-chan lover
First of all I'm very much thankful for all the scanlators who worked on this beautiful story.

I've read this manhua years ago and suddenly dropped it because I stopped reading anything in general until I started reading again last year. I have never really read much Chinese-made stories so I mostly ignores them, but one day I remembered how I loved this series so much and decided to re-read it. It was a great read throughout... and I am heartbroken that it had to end like this.

@Ahodegozaimasuru
I nearly went through the same thing as you. As I was finding something to read, I came across this and remembered how much I loved it. At first, I decided to reread it, but I saw how little it updated compared to where i left off. Thus I went to the comments to find more information. I was so sad learning what was happening to the author and her story😭😭

This is like, my 3rd time rereading this series and I will forever be heart-fucking-broken that it had to end like this because of shitty publishers. Got enough PTSD from this and Black Haze to last a lifetime. The last line was so cute though - “it’s not like you’re other people” oooof my heart. I really fucking wanna know what happens when she returns to ChangAn but I guess we’ll never know.

Maybe I will live long enough to see a revival of the story or something. Will hope so.

This is one chapter short of reasonable conclusion (stupid fucking publisher at least let the manhua wrap up the arc) but I suppose it's not as bad as it could've been.

@umaruchan271 - The hell you mean why Act Age got cancelled. Go ask the author why he's a pedo then.

Users who are viewing this thread