Mob Psycho 100

Kinda cool that this ended right before Batoto closed. Hopefully some new readers will enjoy this great series!

What happened? This wasn't supposed to be the end though? There were completely different chapters where Mob gets hit by a car as he goes to confess to that girl and then his Psycho Power goes wild.

Fed-Kun's army
MP100 is such a nice, inspiring series. People who discovered it after One-Punch Man tend to compare them because of the similarities in style and premise, but realistically the two stories are taken in completely different directions. MP100 doesn't have an interesting plot, or the huge cast of colorful characters, or the aspirations of everyone involved; rather, it's a very focused character study intended to show how important it is to find value in yourself, be open and at peace with your emotions—all of them, even the less pleasant ones—lest you become hollow and/or twisted by the unexpressed urges. One could say it's a nice little story about mental hygiene that ends on a very high note and leaves a pronounced feel-good aftertaste. Maybe even too good. (I knew I read too much Inio Asano...)

@Kipsta
If you go back to the chapter page everything should be there now. ch 101 got uploaded first because I had issues getting ch 100 up. With the series just ended and complete I thought it was a good opportunity to combined the partially released chapters into whole ones. For those who don't know, ONE had several chapters in this series where only a little bit was published at a time in decimal increments. That's why some chapters towards the end are unusually long. ch 100 had 17 parts that I manually combined and renamed for a grand total of 227 pages. The file size was too large for this site's upload limit so I had to split it into two for now.

Just read through this all, somehow in one day. Sorry, I don't remember exactly which chapters, but some have pages out of order (I think just the first shown page being something that happens in the middle of the chapter).

I think one was in the chapters with the girl possessed by the spirit of the old esper. Another was the chapter where Reigen showed up while Mob was fighting the leader of Claw.

This was a nice series. ONE does a great job writing stories around absurdly overpowered characters.

Group Leader
Re-reading this again, and it seems like chapter 61, the pages are out of order.
Will update this as I go along.

the latter half of Ch. 80 is a duplicate of Ch. 81

F'ing great manga! I started with the anime first (which was great) before delving into this. Now having finished reading the entire thing I'm really excited for the new season. The manga material that came after what was covered in the first season (first CLAW battle) is 1,000,000x better than what preceded it. Really enjoyed reading this.

Sorry but.. no, I am waiting for the anime.
Because the art is bad, I cannot tell people apart. I am sure the story is fine or even amazing, but honest to God, this is freaking hard to read.

damn the first episode of the second season was so good, so was trying to get into the manga but Damn what is with the jank art? The studio who does the adaption gets high props

God damnit, I didn't mean to read the whole thing in one sitting, but here I am, sobbing like Mob. One-sensei, you absolute legend.

@Animemexican

ONE's art style is part of the charm. You should Google him and learn about him a bit, you'd understand why it's so 'janky.' I do agree, however, that Bones did an awesome job wit the anime adaptation. They managed to keep the essence of the manga art but make it look more mainstream.

Double-page supporter
Far and away one of the best mangas I've ever read. ONE's storytelling, paneling, and pacing is amazing. tbh I am glad Bones' adaptation is much more faithful to ONE's style than Murata has done for OPM.

I wrote a blog post comparing and contrasting character philosophies between Mob Psycho 100, Beastars, and 3 Gatsu no Lion!
https://longhandhabits.com/2018/07/30/character-analysis-beastars-mob-psycho-100-march-comes-in-like-a-lion/

Users who are viewing this thread