Migi & Dali - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - The Ichijou Way of Discipline

Double-page supporter
Oh, this is one of those times where the author forces his weird fetish into the story. Great.

Contributor
Alright, I don't know how much weirder the mangaka is going to make this, but I trust there will be some moment of revelation that shocks us so much we forget about all the weird stuff before it. She's done it before

Double-page supporter
what the actual fuck
i'm disappointed in the foster parents ditching their son with these freaks

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation!
That scene just killed what little strength i had left to keep a straight face at work. Best of thoughts to my boy Migi, he's experiencing some really fucked up fetish play right now.

@petra It was either that or most likely lose him forever after the Ichijou family reported him to the social workers. It doesn't make things any better though.

Double-page supporter
@Luxen
A stolen button being grounds for removing a child from their foster family doesn't make any sense; and this manga is weird so it doesn't have to make sense, but I'd at least like to see them be against it instead of it being immediately glossed over.

Like have some prior incidents that already caught social workers attentions and make this be the possible final straw, or have this weirdo mother threaten to use her influence to send Hitori to an orphanage. This seems like a significant point in the plot and I wanted more build up to get to it.

@petra i think the situation kind of makes sense, at least in this setting considering how obsessed everyone is with social status and keeping up appearances, as well as how much the foster parents idolise eiji's family. I think the author just made a mistake last chapter making that dinner scene seem so sinister, especially with the mother making that indirect threat about social workers. The whole situation could have been made to seem a little more reasonable if instead it was the foster parents worrying about social workers and 'hitori's' seemingly troubling behaviour, with eiji's family offering to take him in for a bit to help him work through it under the guise of that the father is a psychologist. I feel like all the set up basically there in the rest of the story but the author just didn't communicate any of that particularly well during that scene and so the situation comes across kind of forced and completely unreasonable.

Group Leader
@burning_hammer
idk, the fact you went to a sexual place with it first says more about you than anything lol.
I didn't see anything sexual at all about it, as SirAutimo said, this is a very classic form of comedy you'd see in any old cartoon.

so it always had that freaky psychological feel to it but it stayed lighthearted and funny with disproportionately intense pair of protagonists. But now it descends into the genre, this family is messed up and killed their mother

Users who are viewing this thread