Worst Isekai Ever

Dex-chan lover
We see so many isekai titles because it is an easy storytelling framework. Stand in for reader gets transported to new world. Has powers so the reader can get that trip but also needs to have things explained to him so the reader can understand the world.

Further tropes are not without their reasons. Video game mechanics = a world that is very easy to navigate for the reader. Slavery = instant sympathetic companion who adores the reader um, I mean, the hero.

I say all of that because the worst isekai titles are the ones that don't try to do anything new and just plod along letting the tropes do all of the work.

The latest to make my poo list was one of the newer super farmer manga. I don't think it had slavery but but it checked a bunch of other boxes: Main with cheat leveling mechanic, Clueless about his own strength, Doesn't want to be a fighter, Pursued by cute, etc...

Isekai isn't bad in itself. One of my favorite anime is The Twelve Kingdoms but that was way back before it all blew up.

You may want to take read the What's the worst isekai on here and what's the best isekai on here? thread as well.

I believe most people are sick of adventure isekai. There are many types of isekai, but shoen adventure is probably the most well known.
Here is a slightly outdated list of female lead (largely shojou) isekai, for those who wish to expand their horizons.
Same thing as above, but for manhau/manhaw (which are in full color). A couple of my favorites are in there.

Now, as far as the worst go... (I think these are all isekai)
Reading (5): Tensei Kenja no Isekai Raifu ~Daini no Shokugyo wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita~
Reading (4): Jichou shinai Motoyuusha no Tsuyokute Tanoshii New Game
Reading (3): Isekai Shihai no Skill Taker: Zero kara Hajimeru Dorei Harem
Dropped (5): Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi
Dropped (5): Isekai de Kojiin wo Hiraitakedo, nazeka Darehitori Sudatou to Shinai Ken
Dropped (5): Jishou! Heibon Mazoku no Eiyuu Life: B-kyuu Mazoku nano ni Cheat Dungeon wo Tsukutteshimatta Kekka
Dropped (4): I'm a Fake NPC
Dropped (4): Isekai de Skill wo Kaitai Shitara Cheat na Yome ga Zoushoku Shimashita: Gainen Kousa no Structure
Dropped (3): Maou-sama Retry
Dropped (3): Because I'm An Uncle Who Runs A Weapon Shop

Probably not the worst though. If I rated it, then the author was decent enough to get me to read a chapter

Dex-chan lover
For me it's Isekai Cheat Magician and Jichou shinai Motoyuusha no Tsuyokute Tanoshii New Game.

Rant about Isekai Cheat Magician:
While I do like Isekai and usually also love absurd stuff, surprisingly Isekai Cheat Magician is just too absurd for me and it's not in the fun way.
You got like 2 MC and they got very OP after got into another world, suddenly they become apprentice of some mage and then they graduate after refining their OP-ness, and then suddenly they like.. meet an evil sorcerer who is evil and secretly killing people and who being all like:

"kukuku Clarice.. I'm evil.. kukuku people didn't know I am evil"

Like.. What is that?? It's cringy as heck! And why is he there killing people? What's their motivation?
And before my questions got answered, the MCs got into a fight with the evil guy and his subordinate.
And you think it'll be an easy fight for the MCs right? Wrong! They for whatever reason are evenly match, no our MCs in fact really struggling against their opponents.
So then what's the point saying it's "Cheat Magician" if they can't easily deal with a problem like they are cheating?
Anyway.. I unfollow it before the fight concluded, but I heard in the end the fight concluded with a draw, and the MC then just follow along with the flow and then it was kinda explain the evil guy motivation for being evil is that.. He's just in fact, evil.
Like.. What?? I'm done. 😅

Rant about Jichou shinai Motoyuusha no Tsuyokute Tanoshii New Game:
Let's see...
Apparently the MC have gone to the another world before and the MC have returned to his original world after defeating evil, and became a hero and stuff in that other world.
So what happen next?
Our MC is bored with his original world, and decided something like... :

"This world bore me, I'm gonna go back to another world so I can have real fun!"

*MC proceed to throw himself in front of a Truck*

Like.. What??
Why?! Why are you so sure you got transported to another world after getting hit by an incoming truck?!! Don't try like implying "Truck-kun is always ready to transport people to another world" here!
And after all that, he's succeeded getting reborn into another world. All according to keikaku.

*sigh*

And so, what does MC dearest do in another world you might ask? Of course, as he was planning before, he will go around and having fun! That's great ain't it?
NO.
He's just doing anything he thinks it's fun.
Not for me who's the reader though!
All I see is just some dude who think he's cool and a badass, but in fact just some cringy bastard who's motivation only to have fun.
What a weak motivation... It's so cringe and uninteresting. 😬

Users who are viewing this thread