Path Network - North American Image Server Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
Good news for our North American users,

We've just been told by Path Network that they've gone live with their east coast datacenters. They now have coverage on both the west and east coast of North America with datacenters on both coasts.

For those who are not aware, our image server traffic is handled by Path - they serve around 700TB of our image data per month.

This change should decrease chapter load times significantly for users on the east coast of North America. You should now see chapters preloading entirely within seconds. If you live in North America and chapter loading continues to be slow on the North American servers, feel free to DM us your IP so that they can look further into any issues.

If you want to manually change to the North American image servers, all you need to do is open a chapter, click settings, checkmark advanced settings in the top left, and scroll down to image servers. The North American image servers will only apply to non-recent chapters, as those are hosted on the webserver.

As always, we are very thankful for the generosity of Path Network - you should check them out if you are ever in need of an excellent business-tier CDN/DDoS-mitigation service!

MD@Home
Heck yeah. The site continues to improve and in what feels like an already seamless experience to me. Thank you everyone who has contributed for their hard work.

East... East coast... ummm....
For some reason that's not on my compass.
never_eat_soggy_waffles_compass_postcard-re2dea46734b740a7ae25816d9e8ac04b_vgbaq_8byvr_307.jpg

FWIW, I was not entirely aware of what they did before. I knew you mentioned DDoS mitigation, but I did not realize it was for the image servers. Great news for us eaters.
Though, tbh, load times were fast to begin with for me. Doubt I will be able to notice any improvement. I stand corrected. After the first ~300ms when page 1 loads, I am unable to see the loading spinner again no matter how fast I scroll.

ohhhhh, now i might be able to load a chapter without half the images breaking :O (on the east coast btw)

Wow thanks MangaDex staff! The manga pages from older chapters used to take much longer to load than the recent chapters.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@netmama
We didn't do anything, was all our sponsor continuing to grow and bringing us along. We're just lucky they chose us hahaa

Glad the speed difference is noticeable for you

@firefish5000
The constant scrolling with no load circle is pretty much what amazed me after we got the notice lol

its still slow as hell for me, when I load a chapter, it always greet me with "Waiting for s4.mangadex.org" for about 5-15seconds and it load the image, if your luck is bad it will just load a page with a word "image" on it.

Dex-chan lover
Great site but have been recently noticing red pages more often on chapters I read. A bit annoying tbh

Getting WAY more failed loads than before. TBH it's making reading way tougher. West Coast of the US, for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread