Fragtime

Hmm not bad the ending is rather fast I prefer slower developments.

MC is inexplicably unlikable to me. I'm raking my brains to try and figure out why.

Hypothesis 1: MC has almost no friends or relationships, when she meets Murakami she is suddenly in love. But isn't it more like desperately monopolizing Murakami's attention instead of love?

Hypothesis 2: MC is so shy she doesn't have a personality.

Hypothesis 3:
When Murakami lies (I hope) about being molested by her teacher, MC is angry for the span of 2 panels, and it is never mentioned again. How could you ever trust someone who would lie about something like that? Especially when they are perhaps trying to use you for your magical time stopping power. Later when she reveals that her boyfriend is cheating on her, shouldn't MC be thinking twice? In this way MC becomes thoughtlessly dependent on someone who seems to be in a prime position to abuse her.

Hypothesis 4: MC's for Marukami seems strictly sexual making her no better than all the other people fawning over Marukami.

None of these feel quite right but it's all I can think of at the moment.

That's it? After all the teasing, no kisses or lewds? Really disappointed.
The story isn't even bad, but if you're looking for yuri you should honestly look elsewhere.
For 80% of the manga you can't really immerse in it because you don't know if Murakami is being serious or just playing around. When they finally solve their issues, the manga simply ends.
There is a lot of baiting but it never truly delivers on the yuri aspect.

Fed-Kun's army
I think this manga has a really rare set of character arcs, which is good. The lack of hard Yuri content doesn't bother me, IMO kissing/sex scenes are just an artistic shorthand for showing emotions and relationship milestones, which this manga does well enough with it's dialogue and expressions.

I do think the Yuri tag is unwarranted here, the furthest they go is only a single exposed bra scene. I can see why people cruising the Yuri tag would be let down, this is certainly not the kind of story I'm looking for when I check the Yuri box instead of drama or shoujo-ai.

I agree on the yuri tag being misplaced for this manga but i honestly dont really understand the need for excessive kissing/sex scenes. I only search for yuri cuz i never know whether something is tagged right like with this manga, though it also has the shoujo ai tag but if id want to watch some girls having sex id use a different site lol

FTU

Horrible characters. Especially the murakimi bitch.

Won't watch the anime as well.

1/10

As for the MAL top review on "the story has quite a vivid look at being an introvert and what it means for people as well as conforming to social pressures" nothing about this is "vivid" all I see is two bimbos being retarded with each other, peculiarly the murakimi bitch.

If this happened to me and I was the MC, I would been fucking mentally insane after the first conversation with the murakimi bitch.

Contributor
I thought this was pretty decently good overall (with some caveats), but it does feel a lot more the tropes came from a certain type of topsy-turvy seinen romance—where everyone's motives are a little imperfect, the characters wallow over issues of self-worth, minds stray periodically to the gutter, the overall worldview tilts cynical even when things go well, and you just know you won't fully grasp the love interest's true feelings 'till the end (sort of pulling the "women are a mystery" trope even though the MC is also a woman).

And as is par the course for that genre, some of the dramatic tension comes from whether you even should be rooting for this romance as it is, or whether everyone's going to come away scarred. People's uneasiness about either protagonist seems decently well-warranted, but it wouldn't be so simple to tell this sort of story if the protagonists didn't foolishly dive in to all of this head-first.

Still, I'll be the first to say that I like fluffier, vanilla-y-er GL (or romance in general) much better. XD

Fed-Kun's army
Like most manga that follow this style, the story is pretty average, by no means bad, but nothing especially exciting either. Then, of course, the ending completely falls flat.

I wanted to like this, but the characters were horribly written. I dropped this after
Murakami lied about being molested by her teacher and Moritani got over that deceit like it was nothing because she was somehow in love with Murakami (when the heck did that happen? It was so random.).

A pleasant surprise. Its story premise is without a doubt built on tropes that are quite cliche but I do like how this manga kept it relatively grounded (and not played for laughs) while also presenting believable if not relatable main characters, despite each of their backgrounds.
This ain't a sci-fi/supernatural romp, its a simple romance drama and executes it well, without excessive melodrama.
Also Cute girls.

Group Leader
A cute story that’s a lot more down-to-earth than it might seem at first. Very good read.

Title with excellent character writing and unusual relationship dynamic, where people are actually interesting, react to whats happening to them, grow and most importantly, dont feel like mere cardboard cutouts pretending to have personalities or goals, yet it gets all that hate because no kissu, no dull drama usually associated with eros, no artificially flawed mary sues to project yourself onto, and no gayngst. It even subverts idiotic manic pixie dream girl trope by changing the person in question mid-story, only to do away with it completely at the end. This isnt something you see everyday, especially not in this genre. But theres still bitching. Figures.

Yuribrains vs reality part 8798798678679. To be continued.

Aggregator gang
I come to the conclusion it is very good. The art is well executed. The premise is good (though no background). The two main protagonists behave well to their age. And the exploration has a good pace. Sure the ending is a bit flat, but that is more on a superficial view.
The MC goes quite a long way opening up and accepting her feelings for the one actual person who recognizes her even besides the quirks, that drive the people ever so often fully away. On the other hand we have someone who is fully social integrated, but under the sheet it is just a show, so she excluded herself also from the surroundings. And in that moment both out of loneliness from opposite directions get attracted and get to know that they are on common ground to deepen a relationship, that is to be special enough to become "true love".

I don't get why people think that Haruka die lie, when it comes to the molesting of that teacher. It is not explicitly exploren. It has no actual resolution, in a compromising exposure or something, but I don't reject it there off.

Users who are viewing this thread