Yuusha, Yamemasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
He just wants to laze around. Those guys are too serious.
And thanks Powerpoint user.

Dex-chan lover
He will be the general of the yuusha division of the demon king's army.

I get the idea that assassin-san isn't impressed because, as the one in charge of esponiage, he can see trough yuusha's lies.

Contributor
>inb4 this was a whole scheme to get the Maou to marry him.

But why? Why would he want Maou when he already has the bet girl wagging her tail for him?

Dex-chan lover
I don't care about the demon king anymore. I want Shutina.

Thanks for the chapter!
Agree with MC in the Holy Knights and assassins being stupid thinking he'd be easy to defeat after he beat the Maou and four Heavenly (why are demons being referred to as Heavenly?) Kings solo. Speaking of which, how and why did he manage to defeat them without killing or majorly wounding any of them?
Granted part of it is his fault for his bad personality and not communicating with anybody while running around solo causing rumor and gossip to be believed over what little truth is known. Although did the Maou really need to be defeated considering she kicked out corrupt officials and maintained order in her territory? Then again, wouldn't be surprising if the corrupt officials and nobles she kicked out were the ones who prompted/bribed the king into calling forth a hero to defeat her. MC must really be talented to become so powerful yet have such a lazy attitude. Considering his lack of social skills it'll be interesting to see if he can actually do anything to help without causing more damage.

@Mathiason
(why are demons being referred to as Heavenly?)
Because that is their title, they are the "4 Heavenly Kings of the Demon Army", it wasnt the humans that started calling them, that, they probably just called them the 4 demon generals

i don't think this is an issue of stupidity more as it is a case of corruption via paranoia
fear warps our perception of things
see to the people of the kingdom the demon army is impossibly strong with the demon lord herself being even more so
at this point they are terrified of the demon army. its the focus of their fear
now comes the hero swatting these impossibly strong beings like flies and poof the demon army is gone
here is where fear's corruption comes into play.
these people, what they feared about the demon army was their unimaginable strength.
now they see that unimaginable strength pales in comparison to the hero's
a thought creeps in. "what if he turns on us. how could we possibly stop him" fear takes hold and that passing thought becomes paranoia
paranoia warps their perception.
normally they would reason well the chances of that are so slim we shouldn't worry about it. but paranoia tells them that the 1% chance of betrayal is instead a 90% chance of betrayal.
now faced with what they see as almost certain betrayal they want him gone.
more often than not we try to destroy what we fear thus they desperately try to take out what they fear and that is the hero
they are corrupted by fear.

of course i could be wrong and they ARE simply just being idiots

Users who are viewing this thread