Firefox extension to update your MyAnimeList

Hi, i recently created (and updated today) a Firefox extension that automatically update your MyAnimeList when you read chapters.
Here is the link : https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/mymangadex/

What it do is, when you visit a "chapter page" (when you're reading), if the current chapter is higher than the one on MyAnimeList, it update it (without changing anything else like comments, tags or score).

There is a couple more features:
The follow page is modified a bit, that last opened chapters are highlighted, the lower ones from the same series are hidden, and you can see the cover and the last 5 highest opened chapters when hovering a row.
The colors and some other things can be modified in the options.
The manga page highlight the last open chapter, the chapter that is currently on MyAnimeList, and all opened chapters on MangaDex (can be disabled).
There is also some informations about the entry on MyAnimeList, and if the manga is still not in your list, you can start reading it or put it in your Plan to Read.

On the follow page, you can import/export your data saved by the extension, and "import" data from MyAnimeList.
TL;DR the extension is "synced" with your MyAnimeList list for every manga you follow on MangaDex, and it's not lightning fast, so don't be in a hurry.
Here is how it works: all of the MangaDex id of your followed manga are fetched, your list on MyAnimeList is also fetched. Then, for each of the MangaDex follow you have, the manga page is fetched and if there is a corresponding MyAnimeList id, the data in the extension is set up to date with your MyAnimeList data.

The recent update i made fixed a lot of bugs, and improved the follow page with the tooltip thing which i'm really proud of :)

That's about it i think. There is a Github page (https://github.com/Glagan/MyMangaDex) if you want to say how bad is my code or notice any obvious typo (I'm french).
I hope there is no bug, but if there is just tell me.
There is no chrome version but i could make one, it should be easy.

I posted the same "thread" (sort of) on reddit a few days ago, if you happen by miracle to read it and have installed it, just export your save just in case before updating and tell me if you have any problem.

Users who are viewing this thread